Windows 10: sound clip virus

Discus and support sound clip virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; At 10PM each day my Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop, running WIN10 365, begins to produce the sounds of a small flock of songbirds. I don't mean it is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlesWatson5, Oct 21, 2020.

1. sound clip virus

At 10PM each day my Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop, running WIN10 365, begins to produce the sounds of a small flock of songbirds. I don't mean it is squeaking or producing some weird electronic noise. These are quite recognizable birds. I am not a birdsong fancier, but I'm sure one of those could identify the t ype or types of birds that are chirping away so actively. The birds start at 10PM and end at 10:15. The sounds do not come from my desktop speakers or my headphones, but rather from some speaker inside the computer...until this began I didn't know it had an internal speaker. This is only bothersome when I am watching some video and the birds conflict with something else I want to hear.

Has any one else had an experience like this? How can I get rid of it?

:)

CharlesWatson5, Oct 21, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound clip virus :p

cadaveca, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Bruce Hagen, Oct 21, 2020
  4. sound clip virus

Virus affecting sound?

A few months ago my Surface Book acquired a problem with the sound. Every time any sound plays, all I hear is what sounds like a sound clip of a failing hard disc drive - a squealing, mechanical sound. It also sounds like a blown speaker, which is what the
    Best Buy tech suggested it was. It disappears when I plug into the docking station - sound through those speakers is fine.

But something is fishy about that explanation. First, the sound doesn't vary in volume as I move the volume control up and down. Second, as I go through the sound clip menu and sample them, the sound plays for the same amount of time (about five seconds)
    no matter how short the actual clip is. On longer clips or MP3s the sound will persist as long as the clip is active. This suggests that every sound has been remapped to produce this particular sound clip.

I went through the whole Microsoft support routine, and finally did the full destructive reinstall of Win 10, but the problem either persisted through the reinstall or reoccurred, before I even restored a single file from my backups. Based on the hardware
    theory, I have asked for a warranty replacement of the computer, which is due in a few days. But I am afraid that somehow the new computer will get this as well. My questions:

- Can a Surface Book be infected by a boot sector virus that would persist through a full reinstall? If so, is there a way to detect / remove it? All my Windows Defender scans are clean.

- I noticed when I brought the computer up after the Win 10 reinstall, it pulled a bunch of my saved configuration data from my "account" somehow (specifically, my Edge configuration). Can that stored data be infected, and might it infect the new computer
    when I bring it up a few days hence?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

marsonkhan, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

sound clip virus

1. sound clip virus - Similar Threads - sound clip virus

2. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound issue and possible ? virus: Recently, and I mean over the last week or so, I noticed that my sound was extremely quiet even when it was at 100. I updated the drivers, did everything I could, but installing an equaliser helped out massively, so I considered the situation done. However, today, one day...
  3. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issue and possible ? virus: Recently, and I mean over the last week or so, I noticed that my sound was extremely quiet even when it was at 100. I updated the drivers, did everything I could, but installing an equaliser helped out massively, so I considered the situation done. However, today, one day...
  4. Sound issue and possible ? virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. clip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clip: hi pi want to ask something how save game clip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clip/f4127832-f3c8-4ca1-aafb-496bb5400255
  6. Gamebar clipping - no microphone in clips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gamebar clipping - no microphone in clips?: I'm making montages thru ALT-Win-G shortcut, but I would like to record my microphone in those clips too. Can't find anywhere in settings, does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by /u/Flyxor [link] [comments]...
  7. There is no sound when trying to edit clips in Movie Maker 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no sound when trying to edit clips in Movie Maker 10: Does anyone know how to resolve? I've tried the obvious restart fixes along with other suggestions in the category but none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-sound-when-trying-to-edit-clips-in/f212c553-9702-48f2-9e1f-0103dfa52810
  8. External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Sound Card Clips, Skips, just not working: I just built a new pc: Ryzen 2700, Asrock x470 Taichi, Trident Z 16gb 3200mhz cl14 ram, samsung 970evo 250gb, windows 10pro october update. With this pc I would like to use my M-audio Fast track C-400. The drivers install properly but the sound coming out of it is clipping,...
  9. annoying sound like a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying sound like a virus: it started with the chrome browser on youtube whenever i would watch a youtube video at the end of the video a weird drum sound was played i thought maybe only in the video it was played,,, actually most commonly appeared in music videos but NOW IN MY COMPUTER WITHOUT A...
  10. Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped): On my laptop, the sounds made by Windows (such as Action Center alerts) are distorted. More specifically, they sound clipped, as if routed through a fuzz box. However sounds made by an application (Spotify) are fine and clear. I don't think it was always like this. I've...