Windows 10: Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

Discus and support Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MassiR77, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it to be able to play sound from the headset when it's in and not from the laptop's speakers, until I take the headset back out. Help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/MassiR77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MassiR77, Jul 4, 2020

2. sound is coming from both headphone and system

whenever i plug my headphone in my hp 15 ac 122 tu laptop having windows 10 sounds comes from both through headphone as well as through my system. help me in this. what i do?

RAJEEVkalhans, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Leia Win User
    Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones.

Would anyone know how I can block the sound from my speakers?

Kind Wishes,

Leia, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

Sound coming from both speaker and headphone

Hi Abhigyan,

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let's first run Audio Troubleshooter and check.

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• Click hardware and sound and click on ‘Playing Audio’.
    Method 2: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to make sure the default audio device is set correctly.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      control panel.

• Type Sound in the search box and click on
      Sound.

• Click on Playback tab.

• Right-click on Microphone and select
      Set as default device.

• Click on Apply and then Ok.
    Method 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

1. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers? - Similar Threads - Sound coming both

2. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  3. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  4. Strong vibration sound from speaker and headphones both

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strong vibration sound from speaker and headphones both: Hi I bought Laptop on 10th of August 2021, from last two weeks I am facing a issue of strong vibration audio for 1-2 seconds when using the laptop for atleast 1/2 hour for any audio related work. This sound comes from both speakers and headphones, I tried all troubleshooting...
  5. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.: I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones. In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to...
  6. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  7. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  8. There is sound from both my speaker and headphones

There is sound from both my speaker and headphones: I have a MSI laptop, this problem started recently. I connect my headphones and there is sound comming from both my laptop speaker and headphones. i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting.. didnt work. so i tried rolling back my driver.. it did work but i encountered...
  9. Sound from both headphones and built in speakers on laptop at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound from both headphones and built in speakers on laptop at the same time: Why is my music playing out of the built in speakers and my headphones on my laptop at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-from-both-headphones-and-built-in-speakers/21dbfcf6-c93d-45e4-8e33-56e17f6ac7cd
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...