Windows 10: Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?

Discus and support Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have dell xps 15 9550. I have 2 monitors connected to my laptop. One via hdmi cable as always and one that is a usb c to hdmi cable. Previously i only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?

Have dell xps 15 9550. I have 2 monitors connected to my laptop. One via hdmi cable as always and one that is a usb c to hdmi cable. Previously i only had one monitor connected and it was with the hdmi to hdmi cable.

I notice that when i play sound, the sound is coming from my laptop. First off, do ppl prefer this or having sound come from monitor. Because it definitely doesn't feel right coming from the laptop. I did go to speakers and settings because i recalled last time i changed where the sound is coming from through that. But when i do this, there is speaker/headphone and the second choice is my other monitor that i use that is connected via usb c to hdmi cable. Is there a reason the monitor via hdmi to hdmi isn't shown? Previously i had just changed it from speaker to that and then sound came from the monitor.

:)

paulyjustin, Sep 24, 2018

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor? [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 24, 2018
  3. I have no sound on my laptop, but my sound is coming out of my second monitor only in windows 10

<Original Title: Monitor Sound>

I have no sound on my laptop, but my sound is coming out of my second monitor only.

There must be an easy fix. Just need some direction.

Thanks,

Terry

TerryKelleyXA, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?

Sound coming from both the laptop and headset in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?

1. Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor? - Similar Threads - Sound Coming Laptop

2. Sound coming out of monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming out of monitor: I have got my headphones connected correctly. TeamSpeak is working correctly. I hear it thru my headphones and other can hear my mic. but the other sound, all the other sound is coming from my monitor....
  3. Sound coming out of monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound coming out of monitor: I have got my headphones connected correctly. TeamSpeak is working correctly. I hear it thru my headphones and other can hear my mic. but the other sound, all the other sound is coming from my monitor....
  4. No sound coming from laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound coming from laptop: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 5 running Windows 10. Although the sound icon appears to be working, no sound is coming from the laptop. I have been through all of these Windows troubleshooting steps:...
  5. Sound not coming from the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming from the laptop: Sound output not coming from Micromax Canvas Lapbook L1161. The red cross is displaying in the taskbar and says that no output device is installed. I have tried almost everything to bring back my audio. I have tried updating and installing the driver which came inbuilt in...
  6. No sound coming from monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound coming from monitor: Hello! I’m having trouble getting sound coming from my monitor. I have an elgato hd60 installed in my computer and every time I try to switch the playback device to my monitor, it instantly switches back to my elgato. Please help submitted by /u/Steely24 [link] [comments]...
  7. Sound not coming from Laptop at all.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not coming from Laptop at all.: Hi, recently my Alienware laptop's sound has stopped working altogether. Nothing comes from the speakers at all, nor when I plug in headphones. I am not sure what the problem could be, and I would love it if Microsoft support could get back to me quickly in solving this...
  8. Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor not working and sound coming from it after pc reset.: I used the media creation tool to upgrade my pc and delete all files, but now when my pc turns on I hear the Cortana thing for when you first turn on windows coming from my monitor even though my headphones are plugged in and have been for months now and have worked. The...
  9. No sound coming from my laptop after an update.

No sound coming from my laptop after an update.: I was watching a movie when my laptop restarted for an update. After that, I could hear no sound either from the inbuilt speakers or using headphones. My laptop uses Realtek sound drivers as the default. I have tried reinstalling, updating, rolling back the drivers. But I can...
  10. Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?

Sound Coming from Laptop As Oppose to Monitor?: Have dell xps 15 9550. I have 2 monitors connected to my laptop. One via hdmi cable as always and one that is a usb c to hdmi cable. Previously i only had one monitor connected and it was with the hdmi to hdmi cable. I notice that when i play sound, the sound is coming from...