Windows 10: Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset

Discus and support Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, When I tried to use my headset, I plugged it in and no audio is coming from the headset, ive tried restarting updating os and drivers and nothings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christofka, May 30, 2020.

1. Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset

Hi,
    When I tried to use my headset, I plugged it in and no audio is coming from the headset, ive tried restarting updating os and drivers and nothings worked, what do I do in this situation?

:)

Christofka, May 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset :p

cadaveca, May 30, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Sound coming through the speakers and headset

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum, I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to know;

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the make ands model of your headset?
    • Did you check the issue with another headset?
    This issue could occur due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

Method 1: Run the troubleshooters

Step 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Connect the headset and follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all (on the left).
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Update sound/audio adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on Check for Updates on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    If this doesn't help, proceed with step 2.

Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers

I would also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest audio drivers, refer the Microsoft help article below:

Fix sound problems windows 10 sound

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from the Manufacture and follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Refer: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps
    applies to Windows 10)

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, May 30, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset

Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset :p

Solaris17, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset

1. Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset - Similar Threads - Sound Coming Speakers

2. No sound coming from speakers windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming from speakers windows 11: For about 2 weeks i have had this problem. All of a sudden crackling of the sound then the sound cuts off entirely from my laptop speakers. At times, the speakers were not even detected as an output device. I have tried all suggestions : navigating to lenovo and manually...
  3. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  4. Sound coming from the speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound coming from the speakers: There is a problem with my PC which is that there is some kind of sound coming from the speakers. It's bit similar to the sound you hear when you plug a usb but different. It repeats every five seconds. I was also cracking sound coming earlier. Please help me fix this. Thank...
  5. No sound from speaker while headset is plugged in

No sound from speaker while headset is plugged in: My headset is plugged in to my front ports of my desktop computer. When i plug in the speakers in the back it registers that its plugged in but no matter what settings i have there is no sound. i have tried restarting, updating, activating and reactivating nothing works. BUT...
  6. My sound coming from my speaker

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My sound coming from my speaker: Hi, I have sound issue in my laptop. My mic is capturing my sound or other environment sound and playing it via speaker. I am not able to disable it. Please guide to disable the sound...
  7. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  8. No sound coming from connected Bluetooth speakers

No sound coming from connected Bluetooth speakers: Hi. I've recently purchased a Xiaomi Bluetooth speaker for my Windows 10 (64 bit) laptop. The speaker connects without a problem but there is no sound coming from it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers but still no sound. The speaker - - Shows as...
  9. Popping sounds from speakers or headset

Popping sounds from speakers or headset: Today it just suddenly became popping sound whenever I play a round. From volume control and YouTube and any application. I've tried uninstalling restart then reinstalling driver but to no avail. I doubt it's an hardware issue because even when I plug in or on bluetooth...
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...