Windows 10: Sound coming only through left side of earphones/headphones BUT ONLY while connected to the...

Discus and support Sound coming only through left side of earphones/headphones BUT ONLY while connected to the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says all. Any earphone or headphone which I plug into my laptop is only delivering sound through one side (the left). The same earphones or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hogoba, Nov 9, 2020.

1. /u/Hogoba Win User

Sound coming only through left side of earphones/headphones BUT ONLY while connected to the...

Title says all. Any earphone or headphone which I plug into my laptop is only delivering sound through one side (the left). The same earphones or headphones are working perfectly on other devices. Also, they're not being detected by the laptop as used to be case but I'm getting output through the one side.

I've tried every software fix I could think of -

1. Changing and fixing all sound settings
    2. Updating my Realtek drivers, uninstalling them and reinstalling, then restarting the laptop
    3. Troubleshooting audio problems

But to no avail. The problems still persist - A. None of my earphones or headphones are being detected by the laptop (when till yesterday they used to be detected) and B. Sound is only coming through one side, the left, despite the earphones/headphones not being detected.

Some friends of mine suggested it might be a jack problem and I'll have to replace/repair it. If this is truly the case, then my question would be why all of a sudden? They were working perfectly fine yesterday and have been working perfectly fine since I bought this laptop (a year back).

I'm considering replacing/repairing the jack as the final resort as there is a lockdown in my area and it is quite a hassle to go out and do all this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is an issue that requires an urgent fix. \

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Hogoba
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hogoba, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Az Har Win User

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

Sound coming only through left side of earphones/headphones BUT ONLY while connected to the... [​IMG]

Sound coming only through left side of earphones/headphones BUT ONLY while connected to the... [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

Az Har, Nov 9, 2020
  3. NO SOUND ON HEADPHONES/ EARPHONES AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

Hi

I am not getting sound on my external sound devices such as headphones, earphones or any external sound devices. Surprisingly the laptop has sound when not connected to any external sound output accessory which suggests the drivers are working fine. Not
    sure if there is updates available on the external sound output ports.

bigtrav2003, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Sound coming only through left side of earphones/headphones BUT ONLY while connected to the...

Headphones/Earphones aren't detected

My laptop can't seem to detect earphones/headphones, and I'm using the Windows 10 on a Asus X4414. I've tried to plug and unplug, restart the laptop, update the audio drivers, look for the headphones in the 'disabled devices' area in the Playback of the
    Sound System, tried the Troubleshooting, even disabling and enabling the audio drivers, but all to no avail. Sometimes audio would come out of both speakers and headphones (but it's still not in the audio system's playback list), and most times audio doesn't
    come out of the headphones/earphones at all and just have the speakers blare out audio, even though my laptop seems to 'detect' it somewhat by saying that a device was plugged in, but it would never show up in the Sound System at all. However, at rare moments,
    it would suddenly work, but even when it does, the Sound System's Playback tab couldn't detect it, so it's not in the list at all. After unplugging the earphone when it does
    work, I tried to plug it back in to check just in case if it's alright now, but then the same problem would ensure, which would be no audio coming out of my headphones and have the internal speakers play the audio instead. My earphone works just fine in
    other devices, and is fairly important for college-related tasks, so this is quite troubling. If anybody's ever faced the same problem and found a solution, I'd be really grateful to hear about it.

Vallery D., Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Sound coming only through left side of earphones/headphones BUT ONLY while connected to the...

1. Sound coming only through left side of earphones/headphones BUT ONLY while connected to the... - Similar Threads - Sound coming through

2. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  3. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  4. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. headphone only coming out of one side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone only coming out of one side: hello yesterday my headphones only started coming out of the left side. and i look at some other articles and they werent helpful one told me to go on the control panel and go on to sound and configure but when i clicked on configure if wouldnt let me. please help....
  6. Earphones only working on the left side Windows 10

Earphones only working on the left side Windows 10: So I just bought some new earphones and plugged them into my laptop's jack but it was only working on the left side and I had just **** bought them! I tested the earphones out on other devices and they worked fine on both sides! I tried another pair of headphones on the...
  7. Sound is only coming from my left side of the headphones.,.

Sound is only coming from my left side of the headphones.,.: I have only had this problem 4 days ago, I put my computer down with my headphones, and the next day only the left side worked! I thought it was the headphones so I moved to my phone and they worked! I tested it on our Xbox too and it still worked! I did the balance thing in...
  8. sound only come from one side of earphones of 3.5mm.

sound only come from one side of earphones of 3.5mm.: I have had a question a lot of people had, but all the solutions doesnt seem applicable for me. Since a week or so, I only get sound from my right side of my headphones, nothing from the left. This is not the headset being broken, as it works on other devices and also tried...
  9. Left side audio only in headphones

Left side audio only in headphones: I was listening to a song on youtube and suddenly only my left headphone was playing, i changed the heaphones USB ones to apple's 3.5mm jack earphones... and it still didn't work. Then I plugged in samsung earphones... still only one side plying. I was looking through...
  10. Sounds only coming from one side in my headphones

Sounds only coming from one side in my headphones: I have had a question a lot of people had, but all the solutions doesnt seem applicable for me. Since a week or so, I only get sound from my right side of my headphones, nothing from the left. This is not the headset being broken, as it works on other devices and also tried...