Windows 10: Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Discus and support Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by planetman, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:42 PM.

1. planetman Win User

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF).

They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's internal speakers.

I have tried:

1. Checking for driver updates.
    2. Opening "Playback Devices" and setting the headset as the default device.
    3. Hardware and Sound > HD Audio Manager and tweaking relevant settings.

None of these have worked. I also tried a simple restart to see what would happen but to no avail. Any ideas what to do?

:)

2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

3. Why does plugging headphone jack in stop internal speakers to working (even after headphones are unplugged)?

I recently bought a Dell latitude E6420 i5-2520M 8GB and I am experiencing a very annoying issue with the speakers.

The sound coming from the laptop's internal speakers works until I plug the headphone jack into the computer for the first time. When I unplug the headphones, the internal speakers do not come back on.

What I have tried so far with no success:

• Uninstall and reinstall audio/sound drivers
    • Tried Realtek drivers
    • Disabled headphones
    • Recovery and reinstall Windows 10

Every time I uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers the speakers start to work again until I plug in and then remove the headphones.

How can I resolve this?

4. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

Thema:

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

1. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers - Similar Threads - Sound Coming Headphones

2. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.: I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones. In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to...
  3. Plug in Headphone, but Sound Usually Stays on Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Plug in Headphone, but Sound Usually Stays on Internal Speakers: I posted a similar question with all the details under "Devices and Drivers" on May 29th but have not received a single response. I'm hoping this issue is within the ken of somebody here. If so, should I move the entire question here, or can you respond there at...
  4. why their is no sound coming out of my speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why their is no sound coming out of my speakers: their is no sound coming out of my speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-their-is-no-sound-coming-out-of-my-speakers/679b7133-c8fa-4802-80ab-8eeead8ad7f0
  5. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  6. No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Sound from Internal Speakers, only Headphone Jack: I just updated my ROG GU501G laptop to the latest Windows update last night and since then I havent been able to get any sound coming out of my internal speakers. Sounds comes fine through the headphone jack. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I tried...
  7. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  8. There is no sound coming out of my headphones

There is no sound coming out of my headphones: My speakers are working but my headphones do not seem to have sound playing through. It used to play sound just an hour ago but all of a sudden the sound stopped working...
  9. Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in

Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 500 Gaming laptop with an audio issue. When plugging in any headphones, there used to be a popup that asked which device I just plugged in, which doesn't happen anymore. I have reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers by uninstalling with Driver...
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...