Windows 10: Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Discus and support Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by planetman, Sep 16, 2020.

1. planetman Win User

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF).

They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's internal speakers.

I have tried:

1. Checking for driver updates.
    2. Opening "Playback Devices" and setting the headset as the default device.
    3. Hardware and Sound > HD Audio Manager and tweaking relevant settings.

None of these have worked. I also tried a simple restart to see what would happen but to no avail. Any ideas what to do?

:)

planetman, Sep 16, 2020
  2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Why does plugging headphone jack in stop internal speakers to working (even after headphones are unplugged)?

I recently bought a Dell latitude E6420 i5-2520M 8GB and I am experiencing a very annoying issue with the speakers.

The sound coming from the laptop's internal speakers works until I plug the headphone jack into the computer for the first time. When I unplug the headphones, the internal speakers do not come back on.

What I have tried so far with no success:

• Uninstall and reinstall audio/sound drivers
    • Tried Realtek drivers
    • Disabled headphones
    • Recovery and reinstall Windows 10

Every time I uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers the speakers start to work again until I plug in and then remove the headphones.

How can I resolve this?

Marcellinov, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

1. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers - Similar Threads - Sound Coming Headphones

2. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  3. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  4. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  5. Sound not coming out of external speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming out of external speaker: My laptop and my bose speaker are connected. Both devices report it. But no sound is coming out of the Bose speaker. what to do? Yesterday I could hear in the Bose speaker what I was playing in my laptop...
  6. when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.

when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and ever since I downloaded the latest windows update my audio has been really glitchy, first off whenever I use headphones I have to restart my laptop for them to work secondly, when headphones are plugged in audio plays from the speaker thirdly...
  7. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  8. There is no sound coming out of my headphones

There is no sound coming out of my headphones: My speakers are working but my headphones do not seem to have sound playing through. It used to play sound just an hour ago but all of a sudden the sound stopped working...
  9. Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in

Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 500 Gaming laptop with an audio issue. When plugging in any headphones, there used to be a popup that asked which device I just plugged in, which doesn't happen anymore. I have reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers by uninstalling with Driver...
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...