Windows 10: sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

Discus and support sound coming out of headphones and not speakers. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by c_h, Jan 14, 2023.

1. C_H
    c_h Win User

sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The interesting thing is that all three of them play through the headphones. If i disconnect the headphones by powering them off, there is only one sound device, the speakers and when I select it, no sound comes out, as if the computer is trying to play through the headphones which are off. I've tries looking on the internet for o

:)

2. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

Hi,

My daughter's new laptop (HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago) is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones.

These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work fine on other devices. I've tried other headphones that work fine in other devices, all with the same result.

I've tried setting headphones as the default playback device, but when I select it in the list, Set As Default is greyed out.

I checked the drivers and they are all up to date. I also ran the audio troubleshooter and it found no problems.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Some fat guy, Jan 14, 2023
  3. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Jan 14, 2023
  4. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

sound coming out of headphones and not speakers. 104938d1485972683t-no-sound-speakers-headphones-capture.jpg

fireberd, Jan 14, 2023
Thema:

1. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers. - Similar Threads - sound coming headphones

2. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  3. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  4. Sound not coming out of external speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming out of external speaker: My laptop and my bose speaker are connected. Both devices report it. But no sound is coming out of the Bose speaker. what to do? Yesterday I could hear in the Bose speaker what I was playing in my laptop...
  5. when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.

when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and ever since I downloaded the latest windows update my audio has been really glitchy, first off whenever I use headphones I have to restart my laptop for them to work secondly, when headphones are plugged in audio plays from the speaker thirdly...
  6. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers: Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's...
  7. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  8. There is no sound coming out of my headphones

There is no sound coming out of my headphones: My speakers are working but my headphones do not seem to have sound playing through. It used to play sound just an hour ago but all of a sudden the sound stopped working...
  9. Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in

Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 500 Gaming laptop with an audio issue. When plugging in any headphones, there used to be a popup that asked which device I just plugged in, which doesn't happen anymore. I have reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers by uninstalling with Driver...
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...