Windows 10: Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

Discus and support Sound coming through both headphones and speakers. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnnaG2001, Sep 2, 2020.

1. AnnaG2001 Win User

Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones.

In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to play through my headphones but it still wont. See pic attached

How do i fix this?

Sound coming through both headphones and speakers. 482d1c48-a80e-407a-a71a-54dc5f6eb064?upload=true.png

:)

AnnaG2001, Sep 2, 2020

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Sep 2, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Sound coming through both headphones and speakers. [​IMG]

fireberd, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Catbill Win User

when switch from headphones to speakers, there is no sound

When I unplug my headphones, the sound does not automatically come back through the speakers.

The speakers are external speakers connected through the speaker output. The headphones are connected by USB port.

There should be a simple way to specify that when the headphones are plugged in, they should be the default. When the headphones are not plugged in, the speakers should be the default. Alas, there are a jumble of settings that do not clearly describe what
    they do so I am baffled by how to make this work.

Question: How should Windows be configured so that when the headphones are plugged in, the sound comes through the headphones and when the headphones are not plugged in, the sound comes through the speakers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Catbill, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers. - Similar Threads - Sound coming through

2. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  3. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  4. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?: Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it to be able to play sound from the headset when it's in and not from the laptop's speakers, until I take the headset back out....
  5. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  6. No sound through speakers only through headphones

No sound through speakers only through headphones: I doubt Ill EVER get this fixed but im compelled to keep trying and asking. Lenovo X220 no sound through speakers only through headphones. Ive read at least a hundred threads on this and tried the suggested solutions, but none have worked for me. Ive installed and...
  7. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  8. There is sound from both my speaker and headphones

There is sound from both my speaker and headphones: I have a MSI laptop, this problem started recently. I connect my headphones and there is sound comming from both my laptop speaker and headphones. i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting.. didnt work. so i tried rolling back my driver.. it did work but i encountered...
  9. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...