Windows 10: Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup)

Discus and support Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got this trouble on my laptop and I'm doing my best to fix it without needing to format it. The thing is: Whenever I right-click ANY microphone on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hozerino, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup)

I've got this trouble on my laptop and I'm doing my best to fix it without needing to format it.
    The thing is: Whenever I right-click ANY microphone on the sound control screen (it doesn't matter if it's a Realtek controlled mic or the mic from my sound interface, it crashes right away).

I also think this might be the same reason my control panel doesn't load up; it crashes probably because it tries loading the microphone settnigs.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek drivers, tried changing the mic provacy settings to ALLOW but none of these worked... any insights?

Thanks peeps

submitted by /u/Hozerino
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hozerino, Aug 8, 2020

2. Control Panel does not stay active

Sounds like Control Panel is crashing. Or really since the taskbar refreshes, it's probably that the entire Explorer.exe process is crashing. Probably due to
    some control panel applets like this that isn't working correctly.

I would try this as it was successful for others
    here
    :

• Right-click Start button and choose Run
    • Type APPWIZ.CPL and click OK
    • Look for any reference to IDT Audio drivers and uninstall it from the list
    • Restart and try again to use Control Panel

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 8, 2020
  3. Az Har Win User
    Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup) [​IMG]

Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup) [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

Az Har, Aug 8, 2020
  4. COMPUTIAC Win User

Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup)

Cannot access the Sound control panel

Try this:
    Start menu
    > on the left side scroll down to Windows System
    > click on the down arrow, click on Control Panel > Sound.

If you don't see Sound listed > on the top right corner you will see Search Control panel
    >
    type in Sound
    > you will see the options for Sound on the left side.

COMPUTIAC, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup)

1. Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup) - Similar Threads - Sound control crashes

2. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not appearing in sound control panel: I had to change my motherboard and CPU as I had fried them both by accident, and now I have a 5600x and an MSI motherboard B-550m pro-vdh-WIFI, if that can be useful. So, I wanted to play No Man's Sky with friends, but I was surprised to find that my headset's microphone was...
  3. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not appearing in sound control panel: I had to change my motherboard and CPU as I had fried them both by accident, and now I have a 5600x and an MSI motherboard B-550m pro-vdh-WIFI, if that can be useful. So, I wanted to play No Man's Sky with friends, but I was surprised to find that my headset's microphone was...
  4. Microphone not appearing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The internal microphone in the sound control panel crashes whenever i click it or right...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The internal microphone in the sound control panel crashes whenever i click it or right...: I cant use my microphone because it crashes everytime i click it or right click it. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-internal-microphone-in-the-sound-control-panel/02dd08ec-e4e1-4919-96ff-b8b4259c677b
  6. The internal microphone in the sound control panel crashes whenever i click it or right...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The internal microphone in the sound control panel crashes whenever i click it or right...: I cant use my microphone because it crashes everytime i click it or right click it. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-internal-microphone-in-the-sound-control-panel/02dd08ec-e4e1-4919-96ff-b8b4259c677b
  7. Whenever I right click my microphone in sound control panel, it crashes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whenever I right click my microphone in sound control panel, it crashes.: I changed my hz for my microphone and it was too loud, so then i went back to the sound control panel, tried to right click it and it just closes after a few seconds....
  8. Control Panel crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel crashing: Hi I have installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 19608.rs_prerelease.200410-1438 But every time I try and launch control panel it shows the grey screen with the cog and then disappears, Also I am trying to personalise my desktop and I get the...
  9. Control Panel Crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Crashing: My explorer crashes and restarts every time I tried to run the control panel, and the control panel will disappear as a result. Event viewer reveals that the faulty module that causes the crash is ucrtbase.dll. I have tried to repair all the C++ modules available but with no...
  10. RuntimeBroker.exe crash when opening Control Panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RuntimeBroker.exe crash when opening Control Panel: Hi, I have tried every possible solution I could find, such as: sfc/ scannow, reinstall from scratch Windows 10 Pro (version 1909, OS build 18363.476, all updates for drivers and applications, without success. The same recurring error listed below keeps showing up at Event...