Windows 10: Sound Control Panel closes when I click on mics

Discus and support Sound Control Panel closes when I click on mics in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the title says, the sound control panel closes when I click on any type of recording device. When I am in the playback tab, I can click any speaker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HunterBorkowski, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Sound Control Panel closes when I click on mics

As the title says, the sound control panel closes when I click on any type of recording device. When I am in the playback tab, I can click any speaker or headphone option and change the properties. I can even click and switch to the sounds and communications tabs and mess with the settings in these without any issues, but when I switch to the recording tab and click on ANY microphone, the whole control panel closes without any error message or anything. I have run SFC to repair any corrupt files, and it still happens. Any help would be great.

:)

HunterBorkowski, Oct 19, 2019
  2. vindows Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Oct 19, 2019
  3. MatTheCat Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Sounds like your front panel is not connected to the front panel outputs on either your motherboard or your sound card.

Afraid its a case of referring to your mobo manual and a matter of getting a pair of pliers out and plugging in small finicky wires onto tiny little pins...in the correct order.

MatTheCat, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Sound Control Panel closes when I click on mics

Windows 10 issues, can't get sound, issues with control panel and printer.

Hi Robin,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to print or find control panel?

Try the steps mentioned in the link.

As you have issues with the sound, try the steps mentioned in the link

Windows 10 sound issues

You may try find the control panel by typing control panel in the search box.

Let us know more about the issue to assist you better.

Ravinath P, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Sound Control Panel closes when I click on mics

1. Sound Control Panel closes when I click on mics - Similar Threads - Sound Control Panel

2. I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on...: I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on recording, and no audio devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-go-to-hardware-and-sound-in-control-panel-and/93609bd3-bd00-45fe-bd5c-6b9f4ebd0961
  3. I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on...: I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on recording, and no audio devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-go-to-hardware-and-sound-in-control-panel-and/93609bd3-bd00-45fe-bd5c-6b9f4ebd0961
  4. headset mic not showing up at sound control panel and not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headset mic not showing up at sound control panel and not working.: I have a mac mini from 2012 and bootcamped it to windows 10 home. I bought a new headset with mic but its not working and not showing up in my sound control panel. I think its something with my drivers, this is a screenshot of my drivers:Im using the steelseries arctis 3 with...
  5. NVDIA control panel closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVDIA control panel closes: NVIDIA GEFORCE 840M control panel closes automatically Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvdia-control-panel-closes/7f7036c3-3236-49fd-947d-10bbb5f6b875
  6. Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup): I've got this trouble on my laptop and I'm doing my best to fix it without needing to format it. The thing is: Whenever I right-click ANY microphone on the sound control screen (it doesn't matter if it's a Realtek controlled mic or the mic from my sound interface, it crashes...
  7. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  8. Control Panel Sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...