Windows 10: Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch

Discus and support Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and set-up 2.1 in the sound control panel using 5.1 and unchecking the rear and center speakers. The 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ed Fresh, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Ed Fresh Win User

Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch

I have a new Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers and set-up 2.1 in the sound control panel using 5.1 and unchecking the rear and center speakers. The 2 front speakers test and work perfectly. The subwoofer tests no sound but works perfectly also. Is this a driver issue or should I look for something else?

:)

Ed Fresh, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Terrypin Win User

Control Panel Sounds: not working

Hope the screenshot is clear:

Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch [​IMG]

In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set?

If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)

- - - Updated - - -

OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update the driver for the 'High Definition Audio Device'. That got my 'Program Events' sounds back.

As for my other query, I now remember that the speaker icon indicates the enabled events.

Terrypin, Sep 3, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch

1. Sound control panel speaker test doesn't work for subwooferKlipsch - Similar Threads - Sound control panel

2. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey: Hi, I recently purposely upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows 7. With the Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1809, I can choose my own default sound icon e.g. I can choose Speakers as default instead of Realtek Digital Output from the sound control panel. With this,...
  3. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey: Hi, I recently purposely upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows 7. With the Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1809, I can choose my own default sound icon e.g. I can choose Speakers as default instead of Realtek Digital Output from the sound control panel. With this,...
  4. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel: Pretty much when I plug my headphones in from the back, into the green jack, it gets recognized as speakers, whereas when I plug it into my front 3.5mm jack labeled as headphones and microphones, it doesn't detect it at all, so it doesn't even say the speakers are in use.....
  6. My microphone is considered as a speaker in the sound control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone is considered as a speaker in the sound control panel: Hello everyone !I have a little problem yesterday mi microphone rode was working perfectly, it was plugged on the only headphone available on my laptop and my headphones on an usb sound card, but today after plugging my microphone it was not working anymore, I tried to find...
  7. Control Panel Sounds: not working

Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  8. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  10. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...