Windows 10: Sound Control Panel

Discus and support Sound Control Panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Outlaw, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Outlaw Win User

Sound Control Panel

Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and disconnected, still don't show.Also when I hook up a microphone it is not detected or show in sound panel.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

:)

Outlaw, Aug 5, 2016

2. Skullcandy Method Wireless won't connect pc

"Sound" is a sub-category of the Control Panel. So when you type "Sound" into the Cortana search bar (via the Start menu) it literally shows "Sound" with "Control Panel" directly underneath it, indicating that the sound options are located in the control
    panel, and clicking on that item will open said sound options in the control panel. It is very simple and straightforward.

Amanda#Schneider, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Shortcut to sound control panel?

Create a desktop shortcut with the following target:

explorer shell:::{F2DDFC82-8F12-4CDD-B7DC-D4FE1425AA4D}

or using canonical name as below:

control.exe /name Microsoft.Sound

or

control mmsys.cpl

Rename the shortcut as "Sounds", and change the icon (via Properties) accordingly.

Right-click the shortcut and choose Pin to taskbar.

Delete the desktop shortcut.

Bonus Tip!

You can choose which tab you want to open by default. 0 opens the first tab, 1 opens the 2nd tab, and so on.

control mmsys.cpl,,0

control mmsys.cpl,,1

control mmsys.cpl,,2

control mmsys.cpl,,3

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 5, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Control Panel

Sounds like the internal sound card is not installed. However, Windows will only allow one default playback device so even if it was installed and enabled you couldn't use it for a playback device.

But, recording is different. You need the internal sound card installed and "Stereo Mix" set as the default Recording device. Then whatever is connected, such as a mic, or line in, will be heard and can be used.

(I do a lot of audio as I have a recording studio).

fireberd, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Outlaw Win User
    I use to have 5 options in playback in sound panel.Now it only shows Remote audio as a option.

Outlaw, Aug 6, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    That's most likely because your PC sound "card" is not installed. Your digital interface unit is OK, but you still need the PC sound card for some functions.

fireberd, Aug 6, 2016
  7. Outlaw Win User
    Computer is a Lenovo D30 with built in audio Realtek.It says has latest driver.Do you think maybe a uninstall of drivers and then reinstall from Realtek website.From what I've been reading seems to be issues with Realtek drivers ? What I'm trying to do is hook a mike by usb to use with room correction software.Computer shows in devices hooked to computer but software can't find the microphone.

Outlaw, Aug 6, 2016
  8. fireberd Win User

Sound Control Panel

If its connecting, it sounds like the room correction software either is not configured for the USB device or does not have the capability to use USB mic's. I was assuming you were using a regular PC mic, not a USB.

fireberd, Aug 6, 2016
  9. Outlaw Win User
    I wonder if a female usb to male 3.5 mm and plug it directly into the microphone plug would work ?

Outlaw, Aug 6, 2016
  10. fireberd Win User
    I've never used one of those adapters. But, worth a try. Otherwise a cheap $5 computer mic, with the 3.5 mm plug should do the job for you.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound Control Panel

1. Sound Control Panel - Similar Threads - Sound Control Panel

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  4. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  5. Sound Control Panel Bug

Sound Control Panel Bug: I recently purchased an M-Audio M-Track Solo audio interface along with a new microphone. In the user manual, it says that in order to use the interface properly, I need to change the bit rate to 24 bit. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug with windows that prevents me...
  6. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  7. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  8. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  9. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...