Windows 10: sound cracking or not working above 30% volume without headphone

Discus and support sound cracking or not working above 30% volume without headphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; in headphone it work 100% well but without headphone getting problems after 30% volume try troublshoot reinstalled driver ,roll back check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by siddharthgaikwad, Jul 20, 2019.

1. sound cracking or not working above 30% volume without headphone

in headphone it work 100% well but without headphone getting problems after 30% volume

try troublshoot reinstalled driver ,roll back check enhancement , change format but no solution

:)

siddharthgaikwad, Jul 20, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Jul 20, 2019
  3. No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

sound cracking or not working above 30% volume without headphone

Sound stops working after hitting mute while headphones are plugged in.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to run the Sound troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on volume button on the taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshoot sound problems.
    • Select Headphone and follow on screen instruction.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

sound cracking or not working above 30% volume without headphone

1. sound cracking or not working above 30% volume without headphone - Similar Threads - sound cracking working

2. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why: Windows 10 ,21 H2 JapaneseAcer Inspire E5-576I noticed when I use headphone the volume seems very reasonable but, when I use laptop without headphone I got to increase volume I wonder why?Does that mean I need to install something in the Windows or else OR it is normal...
  3. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why: Windows 10 ,21 H2 JapaneseAcer Inspire E5-576I noticed when I use headphone the volume seems very reasonable but, when I use laptop without headphone I got to increase volume I wonder why?Does that mean I need to install something in the Windows or else OR it is normal...
  4. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  6. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  7. Sound crack when using blutooth headphone

Sound crack when using blutooth headphone: Whenever I turn on my laptop the sound is clear for few hours. But after few hours the sound starts to crack. The same issue I face multiple times a day. There is no such issue when I disconnect the bluetooth and listen to system's speaker. It gets resolved only when I...
  8. Cracking sound problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cracking sound problem: How to rectify cracking sound problem while browsing or playing internet videos ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cracking-sound-problem/22f8ca84-0b20-44e8-a32f-1cd961b02ccf
  9. Volume Slider not working with headphones

Volume Slider not working with headphones: When I use my wireless headphones with my PC (with a bluetooth dongle), the volume is stuck at 66, and moving the volume slider does nothing except for when I mute the volume. I've been using my headphones for 6 months but this problem just started happening today....
  10. Headphones make crackly sounds while using VAC and Voicemeeter

Headphones make crackly sounds while using VAC and Voicemeeter: Hi I have been trying to set up Virtual Audio Cable and Voicemeeter now that I have upgraded to Windows 10. I have been trying to use a C-Media USB Microphone through them with USB Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headphones. However, there is a lot of crackling while listening...