Windows 10: Sound crackles while using low buffer on ASIO device

Discus and support Sound crackles while using low buffer on ASIO device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I use Reaper with SAR on my Soundblaster Z with a 96 ASIO buffer. On 1909 I had zero issue, no crackle nothing while tabbing out of games. Now with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/therealdadbeard, May 27, 2020.

1. Sound crackles while using low buffer on ASIO device

So I use Reaper with SAR on my Soundblaster Z with a 96 ASIO buffer. On 1909 I had zero issue, no crackle nothing while tabbing out of games.

Now with 2004 this happens in some games that while they go into fullscreen I get sound issues. It is super inconsistent too.

Someone else who is using ASIO having the same issue? I guess this does not happen while not using ASIO so no one really has reported it.

submitted by /u/therealdadbeard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/therealdadbeard, May 27, 2020

2. Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, May 27, 2020
  3. ASIO driver support in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'd be glad to help you.

This issue occurs due to the outdated and incompatible Universal ASIO Driver.

I would suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persists.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to update the latest Universal ASIO Driver
    in the Device Manager and check, if it works.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Locate and expand Universal ASIO Driver.

• Right click on the Universal ASIO Driver
      and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.
    Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to uninstall the
    Universal ASIO Driver from the Device Managerand reinstall the latest
    Universal ASIO Driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Universal ASIO Driver
    in compatibility mode with Windows 7.

1. Download the latest Universal ASIO Driver
    from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 27, 2020
  4. Nabarun Win User

Sound crackles while using low buffer on ASIO device

Realtek crackling sound on Windows 7

It's not a problem with win 7. It can be a problem with the device driver which is supplied by the device manufacturer and not Microsoft. You said "No joy, still crackles". What steps did you take? Did you at least try the Ubuntu live CD? Anyway, like others have said, I think for most people the most sensible thing to do is to get a cheap usb sound card rather than going back to the most terrible OS ever. But hey, to each his own.

Nabarun, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Sound crackles while using low buffer on ASIO device

1. Sound crackles while using low buffer on ASIO device - Similar Threads - Sound crackles while

2. crackling sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crackling sound?: i joined the insider program to get a new windows 11 update then restarted and all my sound is crackling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound/94964467-f487-4e19-be07-6a2f6ae16553
  3. crackling sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crackling sound?: i joined the insider program to get a new windows 11 update then restarted and all my sound is crackling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound/94964467-f487-4e19-be07-6a2f6ae16553
  4. Crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound: Hi all,I have a strange symptom I can't get repaired my self, please help.The symptoms I am experiencing:1. A crackling sound through my speakers when sound plays. It doesn't matter what application i use. 2. When the PC gets really busy, music slows down a bit it's not...
  5. Crackling sound

Crackling sound: Hi all,I have a strange symptom I can't get repaired my self, please help.The symptoms I am experiencing:1. A crackling sound through my speakers when sound plays. It doesn't matter what application i use. 2. When the PC gets really busy, music slows down a bit it's not...
  6. Windows 11 sound crackling at all sound devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sound crackling at all sound devices: After updating my laptop to Windows 11, the sound started to crackle or popping. I have updated my sound drivers from their official websites realtek audio driver from lenovo, headphones from logitech etc. but the problem remains. The windows troubleshoot recommend turn off...
  7. Windows 11 sound crackling at all sound devices

Windows 11 sound crackling at all sound devices: After updating my laptop to Windows 11, the sound started to crackle or popping. I have updated my sound drivers from their official websites realtek audio driver from lenovo, headphones from logitech etc. but the problem remains. The windows troubleshoot recommend turn off...
  8. Windows 10 ASIO Sound Cracking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 ASIO Sound Cracking: I recently bought an HP notebook to use it for audio processing. it has: Intel Core i7 9th generation (Coffee Lake) CPU 9750H @ 2.60Ghz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, I tried different DJ audio interfaces like Traktor Kontrol S4 mk3 and Pioneer DJM 900 NXS2. With both, I...
  9. Game sound while using headset volume level is too low

Game sound while using headset volume level is too low: While playing video games, using my headset, the sound is usually very low. I have to turn everything up to full volume in order to have an acceptable level of sound. Even then, I would like to be able to make it louder as needed, more than maximum. If I watch a video on...
  10. Sound Crackles

Sound Crackles: Whenever I'm watching a stream or playing a game with a stream my sound crackles and pops. I'm using Sennhieser PC 363d and I've tried another headset and also speakers and I'm still experiencing the sound issues. It started happening about 3 weeks ago when I started playing...