Windows 10: Sound Crackles

Discus and support Sound Crackles in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I'm watching a stream or playing a game with a stream my sound crackles and pops. I'm using Sennhieser PC 363d and I've tried another headset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NGB5, Apr 6, 2016.

1. NGB5 Win User

Sound Crackles

Whenever I'm watching a stream or playing a game with a stream my sound crackles and pops. I'm using Sennhieser PC 363d and I've tried another headset and also speakers and I'm still experiencing the sound issues. It started happening about 3 weeks ago when I started playing The Division. When the sound is crackling it makes my computer lag and the LEDs on my keyboard skip with the lag. I'm not sure what to do, I'm hoping someone here can help me *Sad

Thanks

:)

NGB5, Apr 6, 2016
  2. NeoZon Win User

Video I record has Crackling sound in audio. I notice it more in HD video. Why?

When, I record video, I get crackling sound in my audio. Why? Great video and audio for the most part but the crackling sound is annoying.

NeoZon, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Endwar Win User
    Low FPS and Stuttering after Windows 10 Creator Update

They are connected bot sound and slow load.

In world of warships after a 2-3 minutes when finally load game it start sound crackling until it fully load the game.

I have little details on ship and no camo until it is fully loaded and then only sound crackling less but still and I have off board Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality card.

No problems until 1703 update.

There is a beta drivers fix on Nvidia site.

It helps a little.

warships no more slow load and sound crackling but tanks have sound crackling during load only but it load at normal speed

Endwar, Apr 6, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Sound Crackles

It is not the sound that causing the computer lag etc. But a common thing is causing it all.

As you said, it is happening in a game. Make it sure if it is only a single game, or the same thing is happening with any game.

If it is happening with a single game only, then the game itself causing the entire issue. Let Steam know about it, ask the devs for patches or custom settings that will work for your system.

If the issue occurs in any other game too, then troubleshooting will be needed at your part. So let us know about it.

5. NGB5 Win User
    Hey I'm really sorry for disappearing. Had a family emergency that involved me leaving the country. I hope you're able to still help me.

Some things to note. It happens on any game. Also when I started my computer, updates started to download. I'm watching a stream as they were updating and my sound was popping and crackling big time. I loaded up WoW and it started happened a lot while watching a stream. I watched my GPU power % on MSI Afterburner and it was dropping from anywhere between 90% to 40% power going back and forth. The game was running terribly, frames spiking from 30fps to 150 fps every couple seconds. LEDs on my keyboard were stuttering a lot. Everything seems to bog down depending on how bad the crackle and pop is.

NGB5, May 2, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Do one thing, boot into the BIOS and load the optimized defaults. It will rule out any possible overclocking there.

Then stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

7. NGB5 Win User
    Hey Ark thanks for the response sorry I haven't been able to get back on here recently but I should be good from this point on. I did as you said and loaded optimized defaults as I did have an OC before. I'm currently running Furmark and am 16k frames into the test so I'll update once it's done

8. NGB5 Win User

Sound Crackles

Ok so I had done the test for much longer but the screenshot didn't work so I had to restart it.

9. fireberd Win User
    fireberd, May 22, 2016
  10. NGB5 Win User
    Hey I just ran it and here's what it says. In the past week I went over to WiFi because I need to have my computer somewhere else that is temporary. I was originally using the Ethernet cable when this problem first came up.

11. NGB5 Win User
    I updated my Bios so I will test it out and see what happens.

12. NGB5 Win User
    Ok so I ran LatencyMon and it says everything is fine but when I open a game or browser it says what is pictured above the only difference is the text is red this time.

13. fireberd Win User

Sound Crackles

"Sounds" like Wi-Fi is one cause of the problems, as I previously noted.
    If you disable the Wi-Fi adapter and run local (not on line) and run the Latency Mon and it shows all is OK that says the Wi-Fi is one cause of the problems.

I have a recording studio and in the recording studio world, Wi-Fi is always a "no no" because of pops/clicks/drop outs, etc.

fireberd, May 23, 2016
  14. NGB5 Win User
    I tried it while not connected to WiFi and it say all was good. Also noticed after I upgraded my bios that the issue seems to have stopped. I'm wondering since I was directly connected to the modem when this problem first came up if it was my bios/motherboard the whole time?

15. NGB5, there are several possible causes, so this cure probably won't work for you. But it worked for me.

I had a crackling sound because my speakers were too high. By raising the volume through the Windows software, and lowering the volume by turning the knob on the back of the speaker, I got the same volume without the crackling.

Vince Massi, May 24, 2016
Thema:

Sound Crackles

1. Sound Crackles - Similar Threads - Sound Crackles

2. How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...: Please help resolve the crackling sound on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-the-sound-crackling-on-surface/5a1a7d45-0eb5-4bc7-825e-897998e5c348
  3. How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...: Please help resolve the crackling sound on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-the-sound-crackling-on-surface/5a1a7d45-0eb5-4bc7-825e-897998e5c348
  4. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  5. Speakers giving crackling sound

Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  6. crackling sound coming from top of the right side of my Asus Vivobook 16 X laptop

crackling sound coming from top of the right side of my Asus Vivobook 16 X laptop: crackling sound coming from top of the right side of my Asus Vivobook 16 X laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound-coming-from-top-of-the-right-side/e50a47c5-137f-44ae-8fbe-9e68374f5f75
  7. crackling sound coming from top of the right side of my Asus Vivobook 16 X laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crackling sound coming from top of the right side of my Asus Vivobook 16 X laptop: crackling sound coming from top of the right side of my Asus Vivobook 16 X laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound-coming-from-top-of-the-right-side/e50a47c5-137f-44ae-8fbe-9e68374f5f75
  8. Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.: Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crackling-sound-from-speaker-whether-on/468e93d9-e55c-437b-9876-9ee41da1f198
  9. Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.

Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero.: Constant crackling sound from speaker, whether on mute or not. Same when the volume is on zero. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crackling-sound-from-speaker-whether-on/468e93d9-e55c-437b-9876-9ee41da1f198
  10. Crackling sound on center, rear-left, & rear-right speakers with ffdshow audio dolby...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound on center, rear-left, & rear-right speakers with ffdshow audio dolby...: I use my PC in my lounge room connected to a set of 5.1 speakers and a TV tuner and use it to watch TV Happauge! WinTV-HVR-935 Quad Mode TV Tuner + WinTV 10 app and Blu-Ray movies that I format-shift, losslessly, from the discs I own to single MKV files for Smooth Video...