Windows 10: Sound cuts out and jitters at random

Discus and support Sound cuts out and jitters at random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a custom machine that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The specs are an AMD FX8350 8 Core processor, GTX 1070, 32 gigs of Ram,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CandyMan3, Dec 12, 2018.

1. CandyMan3 Win User

Sound cuts out and jitters at random

I have a custom machine that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The specs are an AMD FX8350 8 Core processor, GTX 1070, 32 gigs of Ram, 16 recently installed along with the Windows 10 update. I also use a USB headset for my sound with no other speakers that uses a basic USB Audio Device driver.

My problem is my sound will stop out randomly and start to jitter as if the computer is trying to catch up with what it's doing. I'll hear nothing, then short blips of sound every second or so. This will occur at anytime, such as playing games, watching videos, or playing music. I notice that when it happens when listen to Google Music or with videos, the music or video will stop as if it's reached the end of its buffer and is trying to load the rest of the song or video.

I have tried several methods of fixing it, but nothing is permanent. When it happens, I will try the Sound troubleshooter. Either something in the troubleshooter fixes the issue, such as resetting the sound driver, or whatever problem is happening fixes itself while the troubleshooter is running. I've also tried unplugging and plugging back in the USB headphones. I've reinstalled the USB audio driver. I've also ran the System File Checker tool to see if it would do anything. Nothing has worked permanently.

:)

CandyMan3, Dec 12, 2018

2. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 12, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound cuts out and jitters at random :p

cadaveca, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Sound cuts out and jitters at random

Sound/Performance Cuts

When I'm gaming (in usually high graphical games such as the division) my sound will sometimes cut out. It's usually just random during said graphically advanced games. The sound will cut out and the browser performance tends to usually start lacking. For
    example, once the sound cuts out, I will go to youtube and videos will be playing extremely slowly with lots of lag. (And no sound.) To reset this I take my headphones out of my PC, then reinsert them. That often fixes the problem. However, recently the sound
    and performance cuts are happening more and in quick successions. I know this isn't much to go off of but does anyone have an idea to what could be causing this? (I've guessed that it could be overheating or something but the temperatures seem to be fine.

TLDR: Sound and performance issues when in usually high performance games. Save me.

Excalibruh, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Sound cuts out and jitters at random

1. Sound cuts out and jitters at random - Similar Threads - Sound cuts jitters

2. Sound cuts out constantly!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out constantly!!!: Windows 11 home, watching youtube or other videos. The sound randomly stops, especially when I have it running then I goto another application or tab. The only way I can fix it is to reload the sound driver via the trouble shooting. This is the most annoying thing I have ever...
  3. airpods sound cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    airpods sound cutting out: I've started using my airpods on my laptop and the sound cuts out at random times, usually about ever 30 minutes but it can happen at any time. The airpods are still connected to windows but they aren't playing any sound and they dont show up in the playback devices. I'm...
  4. Windows 10 sound cuts out at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 sound cuts out at random: And it comes right back if it toggle the volume up and down. It still shows the audio source as the proper speakers, all drivers are up to date, and any alternative audio sources are disabled. I have tried disabling the enhancement settings in the advanced audio settings....
  5. Sound cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and...
  6. Sound cutting in and out

Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc keeps cutting in and out. No matter where the sound is coming from headset, speakers, etc. it cuts out for half a second every few seconds. This only occurs when I'm playing games though, when watching movies or chatting with friends it never happens. Can...
  7. Sound is constantly cutting in and out.

Sound is constantly cutting in and out.: So around a month ago, I turned my PC on to find that the audio is constantly cutting in and out on BOTH MY HEADSET AND SPEAKERS. I've listed this problem under devices and drivers, but I am fairly certain it is not a problem with my drivers. Every driver on my PC is up to...
  8. Sound cuts out randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound cuts out randomly: Hello, Sometimes all my audio cuts out randomly, however my microphone still works. So far going to my sounds, enhancements, and toggling the "disable all enhancements" and applying that fixes it, but it is annoying and I would like for this to just stop occurring...
  9. Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out

Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out: I recently got my first computer build up and running and finally was able to install Windows 10 without an issue. It seems that one problem arises after another is solved though. I have a pair of Beats by Dre Solo Wireless 3 headphones that I've been trying to connect to...
  10. Sound cuts out intermittently

Sound cuts out intermittently: Hi, Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the sound works. I notice that I can't left click on the the task bar when this happens. To reboot I need to right click on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my audio on windows 7 randomly jitters