Windows 10: Sound cuts out randomly

Discus and support Sound cuts out randomly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Sometimes all my audio cuts out randomly, however my microphone still works. So far going to my sounds, enhancements, and toggling the "disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrissJH, Apr 22, 2020.

1. ChrissJH Win User

Sound cuts out randomly

Hello,

Sometimes all my audio cuts out randomly, however my microphone still works. So far going to my sounds, enhancements, and toggling the "disable all enhancements" and applying that fixes it, but it is annoying and I would like for this to just stop occurring altogether.

I am on windows 1803 and my headphones are plugged into an audio interface

:)

ChrissJH, Apr 22, 2020

2. Sound randomly cuts out.

Hi Infernos,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.
    If the issue persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Reinstall the Driver.

If the issue still persists, then I would suggest you to reinstall the driver and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      device manager

• Locate the Audio adapter, right click and select
      properties.

• Click on the driver tab and click
      uninstall to uninstall the current driver.

• Now, restart the computer and Windows will load the generic audio driver for the computer.

• Check if you face the same issue with the Windows generic drivers.

• If yes, download and install the latest audio driver.

• Now, right click on the audio adapter and select “Scan for hardware changes”.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Sound cuts out randomly

Sound randomly cuts out.

Hi,

Thanks for update and response.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

Install all pending updates on the system, restart and check the status of the issue. Further, I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: Install the Audio drivers in compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Sound cuts out randomly

1. Sound cuts out randomly - Similar Threads - Sound cuts randomly

2. Sound cuts out constantly!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out constantly!!!: Windows 11 home, watching youtube or other videos. The sound randomly stops, especially when I have it running then I goto another application or tab. The only way I can fix it is to reload the sound driver via the trouble shooting. This is the most annoying thing I have ever...
  3. airpods sound cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    airpods sound cutting out: I've started using my airpods on my laptop and the sound cuts out at random times, usually about ever 30 minutes but it can happen at any time. The airpods are still connected to windows but they aren't playing any sound and they dont show up in the playback devices. I'm...
  4. Windows 10 sound cuts out at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 sound cuts out at random: And it comes right back if it toggle the volume up and down. It still shows the audio source as the proper speakers, all drivers are up to date, and any alternative audio sources are disabled. I have tried disabling the enhancement settings in the advanced audio settings....
  5. Sound cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and...
  6. Sound cutting in and out

Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc keeps cutting in and out. No matter where the sound is coming from headset, speakers, etc. it cuts out for half a second every few seconds. This only occurs when I'm playing games though, when watching movies or chatting with friends it never happens. Can...
  7. Sound is constantly cutting in and out.

Sound is constantly cutting in and out.: So around a month ago, I turned my PC on to find that the audio is constantly cutting in and out on BOTH MY HEADSET AND SPEAKERS. I've listed this problem under devices and drivers, but I am fairly certain it is not a problem with my drivers. Every driver on my PC is up to...
  8. Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out

Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out: I recently got my first computer build up and running and finally was able to install Windows 10 without an issue. It seems that one problem arises after another is solved though. I have a pair of Beats by Dre Solo Wireless 3 headphones that I've been trying to connect to...
  9. Sound cuts out and jitters at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound cuts out and jitters at random: I have a custom machine that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The specs are an AMD FX8350 8 Core processor, GTX 1070, 32 gigs of Ram, 16 recently installed along with the Windows 10 update. I also use a USB headset for my sound with no other speakers that...
  10. Sound cuts out intermittently

Sound cuts out intermittently: Hi, Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the sound works. I notice that I can't left click on the the task bar when this happens. To reboot I need to right click on the...