Windows 10: Sound cutting in and out

Discus and support Sound cutting in and out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by carlmathews, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Sound cutting in and out

The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and reinstalling them as well.

:)

carlmathews, Dec 11, 2020

2. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 11, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound cutting in and out :p

cadaveca, Dec 11, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound cutting in and out

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Sound cutting in and out

1. Sound cutting in and out - Similar Threads - Sound cutting

2. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and microphone will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  3. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and microphone will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  4. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and speaker will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  5. Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in: I have an MS Surface laptop with Windows Enterprise 11 installed and everything was fine until today when it wasn't. I plug my wired headphones into the socket every day for over a year without issue until today. When I plugged in the headphones while sound is playing I can...
  6. Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in

Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in: I have an MS Surface laptop with Windows Enterprise 11 installed and everything was fine until today when it wasn't. I plug my wired headphones into the socket every day for over a year without issue until today. When I plugged in the headphones while sound is playing I can...
  7. Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Sound is cutting out permenantly multiple times, i always need to disable and enable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is cutting out permenantly multiple times, i always need to disable and enable...: So I have a pair of beyerdynamics 990DT pro 250ohm and i recently bought a SoundBlaster G6 to serve as an amp and of course the extra perks. I had a problem with the sound cutting out every 15 minutes, audio being flipped and sometimes louder in one ear than the other....
  9. Sound is cutting out permenantly multiple times, i always need to disable and enable...

Sound is cutting out permenantly multiple times, i always need to disable and enable...: So I have a pair of beyerdynamics 990DT pro 250ohm and i recently bought a SoundBlaster G6 to serve as an amp and of course the extra perks. I had a problem with the sound cutting out every 15 minutes, audio being flipped and sometimes louder in one ear than the other....
  10. Sound Cuts Out Randomly & Has Static After Windows 11 Updates

Sound Cuts Out Randomly & Has Static After Windows 11 Updates: So yeah, after I updated my Windows, my sound has been full of static no matter what program I use, the effect is all the same, cuts out randomly, sometimes lasting for several minutes with no sound completely, and I want to know how to roll back the updates so I can fix my...