Windows 10: Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open.

Discus and support Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, my sound has been cutting out when I have multiple applications/programs are open. For example, I'm in a call with my friends on discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KingK9, Jun 13, 2020.

1. KingK9 Win User

Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open.

Recently, my sound has been cutting out when I have multiple applications/programs are open. For example, I'm in a call with my friends on discord while playing a video game but also have music or a YouTube video playing. Sometimes, when I am switching between voice chats in discord or I try to pause my music or YouTube video, or even seemingly randomly, my discord audio cuts out entirely. I can still see the green activity circle when some talks, but I have to leave and join multiple times before it fixes itself. And then it inevitably happens again minutes or hours later. Sometimes, though, I try to leave the discord call and the application is unresponsive entirely. The same thing can happen with a video game I'm playing. The game freezes and I get the error message that it's not responding. And the same thing can happen with Spotify, too. Initially I thought it was an issue with discord and I contacted them but they said to call my ISP and reset the connection to the gateway, but no one else on my wifi was having any issues whatsoever. I have tried many things to try fix this, like updating my headset drivers or my GPU drivers. Or following online troubleshooting tutorials. One thing I have noticed is that no matter what, without fail, any time I join a discord call, the sounds that happen when you join or leave a voice chat, lags by a few seconds, and this is whether there are 20 programs open or just discord. I have a feeling this is problem with my CPU or GPU or something that is more difficult to fix, but I do not know how to go about solving any issue with that because I fear that I will mess something up and cause a much bigger problem. I don't know what is causing this issue and it has persisted for months now and I was determined to solve it on my own, but I simply cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

KingK9, Jun 13, 2020

2. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 13, 2020
  3. I2Believe Win User
    Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Jun 13, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open. :p

cadaveca, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open. - Similar Threads - Sound cutting multiple

2. Sound cutting out when running multiple programs on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cutting out when running multiple programs on Windows 11: I've been running into issues with my sound cutting out on a new Dell XPS 15 9520 laptop on Windows 11, when running multiple programs.If I have e.g. a Zoom call open, and run something like a Steam game at the same time, the game's audio gets muted or dulled down...
  3. Sound cutting out when running multiple programs on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound cutting out when running multiple programs on Windows 11: I've been running into issues with my sound cutting out on a new Dell XPS 15 9520 laptop on Windows 11, when running multiple programs.If I have e.g. a Zoom call open, and run something like a Steam game at the same time, the game's audio gets muted or dulled down...
  4. Sound cuts out constantly!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out constantly!!!: Windows 11 home, watching youtube or other videos. The sound randomly stops, especially when I have it running then I goto another application or tab. The only way I can fix it is to reload the sound driver via the trouble shooting. This is the most annoying thing I have ever...
  5. airpods sound cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    airpods sound cutting out: I've started using my airpods on my laptop and the sound cuts out at random times, usually about ever 30 minutes but it can happen at any time. The airpods are still connected to windows but they aren't playing any sound and they dont show up in the playback devices. I'm...
  6. Sound cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and...
  7. Sound cutting in and out

Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc keeps cutting in and out. No matter where the sound is coming from headset, speakers, etc. it cuts out for half a second every few seconds. This only occurs when I'm playing games though, when watching movies or chatting with friends it never happens. Can...
  8. Sound is constantly cutting in and out.

Sound is constantly cutting in and out.: So around a month ago, I turned my PC on to find that the audio is constantly cutting in and out on BOTH MY HEADSET AND SPEAKERS. I've listed this problem under devices and drivers, but I am fairly certain it is not a problem with my drivers. Every driver on my PC is up to...
  9. Sound cutting in and out when gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound cutting in and out when gaming.: Okay i'm at a loss here. Whenever I am in game (Doesn't matter the game - League, Overwatch, PUBG, etc) I will get random audio cut-out in the game only. All other sounds from other applications will continue but my game will lose audio. (E.g. music still playing in...
  10. Sound cuts out intermittently

Sound cuts out intermittently: Hi, Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the sound works. I notice that I can't left click on the the task bar when this happens. To reboot I need to right click on the...