Windows 10: Sound decreases after shutdown

Discus and support Sound decreases after shutdown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question about a minor issue with a new Windows 10 laptop that I bought last month. If I turn my volume to say 20 then restart or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Badjester, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Badjester Win User

Sound decreases after shutdown

Hi,

I have a question about a minor issue with a new Windows 10 laptop that I bought last month. If I turn my volume to say 20 then restart or shutdown the laptop, the volume is always 1 less than what it was. So 20 would be 19 or 30 would be 29. Like I say it's a minor issue but I can't seem to find out why it is doing this or how to stop it. Has anyone come across this and the fix? Many thanks.

:)

Badjester, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Sound decreases after shutdown

1. Sound decreases after shutdown - Similar Threads - Sound decreases shutdown

2. Windows 10 Shutdown sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Shutdown sound.: Has anyone found a solution to the shutdown sound for windows 10? Tried all the various methods, registry hacks, Task scheduler. Can get the sound to play in the sounds but not on shutdown tried looking for a third-party app with a shutdown and sound effect but nothing....
  3. Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!: Hey guys, I have an issue I have been struggling with for a few hours now. When I play youtube or spotify the sounds decreases to about 20% or something of the total volume in about 10 seconds. The volume mixer, system volume and the like still all state 100%, so it's not an...
  4. Movies app decreases the sound when it's in focus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Movies app decreases the sound when it's in focus?: And when unfocused or minimized it's increased again. Is this a bug or feature? If so can it be disabled? submitted by /u/DMGLMGMLG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5pelc/movies_app_decreases_the_sound_when_its_in_focus/
  5. sound light remain on after shutdown

sound light remain on after shutdown: Sound light of my hp Elitebook 840 remain on after shutdown.Due to which battery get discharge after shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-light-remain-on-after-shutdown/dab3f8ef-6362-4c56-af30-bad571b15245
  6. Performance Decrease after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Decrease after Factory Reset: Recently my SSD that my OS was located on became too full, and I decided to do a factory reset of my computer. Before the reset my BIOS time was always less than 10 seconds, and averaged around 5. After this reset however, my BIOS is 105 seconds, my frames have begun to drop...
  7. Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?: I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the startup sound), but also replace it as well since I believe by default, there is no startup sound in Windows 10. However,...
  8. No Startup or Shutdown Sound

No Startup or Shutdown Sound: Yes, I have the box checked to play sounds on startup under the sound tab in Control Panel. Does anyone have any ideas for me? When I test other sounds on the sound tab they play fine. I have noticed that Dolby Home Theater v4 did not migrate with the upgrade from Win 7....
  9. shutdown sound problem

shutdown sound problem: I have adjusted registry to allow access to system exit sound, which, by default in win10, is not visible. Having made it visible, even when I change to my preferred wav file, apply it, and play it for confirmation, when I shutdown, I hear only the ms default ding. I am able,...
  10. Shutdown sound notification

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown sound notification: A truncated system notification sound will be heard if the start menu POWER=Shutdown or the Start Menu right click "shut down or sign out"=shutdown is used. Testing the default control panel sounds has the system notification be the closest to the brief musical sound I hear....