Windows 10: Sound delay

Discus and support Sound delay in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, recently I started to have a problem with sound delay/lag on internet browser when I am watching videos. It happens on across all platforms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Topolio, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Topolio Win User

Sound delay

Hello,

recently I started to have a problem with sound delay/lag on internet browser when I am watching videos. It happens on across all platforms from Youtube to Netflix and on both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. The problem is that after starting some video everything seems fine, but just after +- 3 minutes or skipping some part of video, the sound is out of the sync with video. I have W10 home, Realtek sound card/driver and x64 based PC. I tried basic things like running a audio troubleshooter, updated both Windows and Realtek sound drivers, since I have laptot the speakers are built-in, I did turn off sound enhacements etc. I think that I know what cause problem and that is so called "realtek high definiton audio". I tried to update it (did not help), unninstal (did not help), updating flash player (did not help) etc changing to basic "High definiton eaudio" through device manager seemed to help, BUT after restarting PC or some time, the Realtek High Definiton Audio is back (or in one case, the sound was not working at all, just through this driver). How can I prohibit this driver to be automatically reinstaled? The problem occured after using my laptot for one year (The cause is probably Windows update). Everything is fine for example when I am playing games, the sound is working properly. Obviously I am not sure I have discovered the real cause of a problem, so any other advice would help.

Sincerely,

Mark

:)

Topolio, Dec 14, 2019

2. sound delay

Hi Jakob,

We would like to know if you are pertaining to the Action Center in
    Windows 10, can you tell us if there's a delay either on sounds or the notification, or both?

This issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood which notification you are talking about. It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with notifications. To have a better
    understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you making a program or editing a script?
    • What feature of Windows 10 are you experiencing sound delays? Can you specify? Is it from
      Alarm, Calendar, Action Center, etc.?
    • Have you successfully performed this activity before?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Dec 14, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound delay :p

cadaveca, Dec 14, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound delay

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Sound delay

1. Sound delay - Similar Threads - Sound delay

2. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  3. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  4. Windows notification sound is delayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows notification sound is delayed: Whenever windows plays a notification sound, it's delayed, by up to 2 seconds. This is extremely annoying.Steps I already tried:Verified that all drivers are up to dateReinstalled WindowsVerified there are no Windows Updates left to be installedWhat works is the following:Go...
  5. Windows notification sound is delayed

Windows notification sound is delayed: Whenever windows plays a notification sound, it's delayed, by up to 2 seconds. This is extremely annoying.Steps I already tried:Verified that all drivers are up to dateReinstalled WindowsVerified there are no Windows Updates left to be installedWhat works is the following:Go...
  6. Why in gods name are not Microsoft make a setting where we can control bluetooth sound delay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why in gods name are not Microsoft make a setting where we can control bluetooth sound delay?: Almost no one is making a setting for Bluetooth audio delay, and we all know it has been a problem since forever, as we are chasing new versions and updated drivers all the time. Why aren't big companies like Microsoft making a setting in the OS where we can control the...
  7. Why in gods name are not Microsoft make a setting where we can control bluetooth sound delay?

Why in gods name are not Microsoft make a setting where we can control bluetooth sound delay?: Almost no one is making a setting for Bluetooth audio delay, and we all know it has been a problem since forever, as we are chasing new versions and updated drivers all the time. Why aren't big companies like Microsoft making a setting in the OS where we can control the...
  8. bluetooth speakers and headphones delay/skipping first second when starting sound,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth speakers and headphones delay/skipping first second when starting sound,...: I am using windows 11 and a jbl 5.0 speaker.When I start playing sound e.g. from youtube, or videos, or audio, the speakers take about a second to start playing skipping the first second of sound.This seems to happen only when starting from no sound. If I already have sound...
  9. bluetooth speakers and headphones delay/skipping first second when starting sound,...

bluetooth speakers and headphones delay/skipping first second when starting sound,...: I am using windows 11 and a jbl 5.0 speaker.When I start playing sound e.g. from youtube, or videos, or audio, the speakers take about a second to start playing skipping the first second of sound.This seems to happen only when starting from no sound. If I already have sound...
  10. how to fix bluetooth headset sound delay in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fix bluetooth headset sound delay in windows 10 ?: hello!first, my equipments are this:- HYTECH HY-XBK33 bluetooth headset.- AN-7048 bluetooth moduleI connected my headset to pc via bt module but, here is a almost 0.7seconds delay on the sounds.I thought this problem was related to bluetooth. but when i saw people just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound delay app

2. delay starting sound card