Windows 10: Sound delays, lags and audio latency in Windows 10

Discus and support Sound delays, lags and audio latency in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Almost every action in Windows 10 is followed by a sound, especially on laptops. Now, what if you are experiencing a noticeable delay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 5, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Sound delays, lags and audio latency in Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 5, 2019
  2. swamphox Win User

Audio Latency Mouse Lag

I have posted this problem on the forums and there is never a clear resolution to the audio latency problems with Win10. The one thing I have not completed is the performance monitor. This issue with audio latency is pretty bad. Just do a little search
    and see the number of people experiencing the problem.

swamphox, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Sound lag/errors (Windows 10)

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated.

I'm sorry to know that you get sound lag errors in
    Windows 10.I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 8 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the audio settings of the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Playing Audio”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Update Audio Driver and check that was causing the issue.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Install optional updates” from the left pane.
    • From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates and install all the updates listed there.
    Step 2: Try updating the drivers from the Device Manager.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X”.
    • Click on “Device Manager”.
    • Search for the Sound Card from the device list and right click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the latest driver.
    If no drivers are available, then check in the computer and sound card manufacturer’s website for the audio drivers for your sound card. If they are available, then download and
    install them on the computer.

Step 3: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer or sound card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 audio drivers available for the sound card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Sound delays, lags and audio latency in Windows 10

Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

For the issue with sound. I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    For the issue with display try the below method.

Method 4.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 5.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Sound delays, lags and audio latency in Windows 10

1. Sound delays, lags and audio latency in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound delays lags

2. High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag: Hello I have been having audio issues ever since I got a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen and a Shure SM7B + cloudlifter. It started off with crackling every couple minutes and then started getting worse and worse as time went on. I thought it mightve been a hardware thing...
  3. High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag: Hello I have been having audio issues ever since I got a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen and a Shure SM7B + cloudlifter. It started off with crackling every couple minutes and then started getting worse and worse as time went on. I thought it mightve been a hardware thing...
  4. Windows Audio Latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Latency: Will Windows 11 remove the audio latency that is on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-latency/b07fc151-a9da-4ce9-9a07-5965cfb945cd
  5. Windows 10 lag/delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lag/delay: Hello I have had this Acer Aspire V5 122p-0864 laptop for some time, but recently I have just updated to windows 10 and have been experiencing bad cursor lag and keyboard delay. I was wondering if there is any thing I could do to fix the problem while remaining on windows...
  6. Audio Latency/Delay issues with Realtak driver Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Latency/Delay issues with Realtak driver Windows 10: Hello! I have done dozens of Google searches/fixes, and then spent a couple hours on a chat with a great HP rep, but we have been unable to fix an audio latency issues with my machine. I am turning here, in hopes of finding some answers. Please note, that the machine is...
  7. High DPC Latency storport.sys audio lag, pc lag, stutter

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC Latency storport.sys audio lag, pc lag, stutter: Hello Community, I need help. I have high Dpc Latency cause of the storport.sys driver. What can I do? My Specs are: Amd ryzen 5 1600 16gb ddr4 gtx 1060 6gb ram biostar amd 320 pro RoHs SSD 256gb 1 Tb HDD Here are some Stats: CONCLUSION...
  8. Audio Driver sound latency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver sound latency: I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old slow windows xp computer was able to do...
  9. Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?

Audio crackling, lagging - high latency issue?: This problem started on my original install of windows 10, about a year after buying my laptop. The audio would start popping and crackling. At first in was only system sounds that would do this, but recently it started happening with everything. Then the audio started to...
  10. Audio delay in window 10

Audio delay in window 10: Hi all, i recently purchased a Hp laptop with window 10 . I am facing the audio delay problem . When you pause some video (broswer or window player) . the video will come after 2 sec . This issue is very annoying when you are studying something from youtube . Please help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall realtek audio driverdelays windows 10

2. Fixing latency and delays in Windows audio output

3. widnows 10 audio lagging