Windows 10: Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed)

Discus and support Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James Prakash J. C., Dec 8, 2018.

1. Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed)

I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver.

For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device" instead. Now there's no audio. The realtek driver is also gone I think.

When I hover over the sound icon in taskbar, it reads "No Audio Output Device is Enabled". I can't find the Realtek device in the device manager. So I tried to add legacy hardware, selected the realtek driver and tried installing them, there were three drivers, I tried all of them. But I'm getting this error:

"This operation requires an interactive window station"

I downloaded drivers from dell support and from Realtek official site. I tried to install these but it didn't work. I'm not a very technical guy, all this I did following online tutorials so I don't really know what I have done or what has happened. I'm at a loss.

Please help.

P.S. It's fixed now, I used a software called Driver Easy, which downloaded and installed the drivers for me.

:)

James Prakash J. C., Dec 8, 2018

2. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 8, 2018
  3. dtraiN187 Win User
    device manager drivers/update/fix help

I need help with my drivers as they aren't showing up right in Device manager. I have double or triple entries in some of the categories; I have provided a link or file so that you can see what mine looks like. If anyone could direct me in the right path that would be awesome! I think the reason for my mouse studders/issues and also performance issues in the many games that I play is the reason behind these Drivers. Below is a image that I captured with gyazo that lists my devices.

https://gyazo.com/825cc09e1f38ba409bd23bd839c8aa08 <- (Device manager and problems w drivers)

-BenQ XL2420Z 144hz
    -Logitech G403 Prodigy
    -Corsair Vengeance K95

-When I fix the drivers that I need will the grayed out devices fix themselves/disappear in Device manager? Also, if/when I get my drivers all squared away and updated.. let's say I have some grayed out devices that are still in those sections.. is it OK to uninstall those or not?

-I also don't have any idea what those Microsoft streaming devices in Sound are!??! Could it be something I need to turn off in BIOS or?

-Lastly, what's the deal with the WAN Miniports?

Thank-you!

dtraiN187, Dec 8, 2018
  4. cryadis23 Win User

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed)

pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?

sorry, please also find task manager screenshots. couldnt capture the whole list (there are so many processes running!) so i caught what i could, ordered by cpu and memory usage. thanks!

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed) [​IMG]

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed) [​IMG]

cryadis23, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed)

1. Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed) - Similar Threads - Sound Device Driver

2. Bluetooth driver issues PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver issues PLS HELP: I bought a new pc and ever since i got it, it's been working perfectly, but all of a sudden it now says I dont have bluetooth and I need to install a bluetooth driver, so I tried downloading intel, and I restarted the pc and then it says the request failed. In device manager,...
  3. Bluetooth driver issues PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth driver issues PLS HELP: I bought a new pc and ever since i got it, it's been working perfectly, but all of a sudden it now says I dont have bluetooth and I need to install a bluetooth driver, so I tried downloading intel, and I restarted the pc and then it says the request failed. In device manager,...
  4. errror pls fix this issue today pls pls pls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    errror pls fix this issue today pls pls pls: pc info-windows7 proffesional -intel r coretm i5-3470s ram-4 gm ramso i have installed intel hd graphic driver 2900 its not working due to improper signature something like that .so when i checked on youtube to fix they told me to press f8 and choose disable enforcment...
  5. errror pls fix this issue today pls pls pls

errror pls fix this issue today pls pls pls: pc info-windows7 proffesional -intel r coretm i5-3470s ram-4 gm ramso i have installed intel hd graphic driver 2900 its not working due to improper signature something like that .so when i checked on youtube to fix they told me to press f8 and choose disable enforcment...
  6. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. this issue is comming pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. this issue is comming pls help: i dont know what to do i got a link with same problem but i doesnt work now beacuse it was given in 2016 so yeah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/c91bd568-9bf8-48f8-abe1-4767ed9194c9
  7. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. this issue is comming pls help

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. this issue is comming pls help: i dont know what to do i got a link with same problem but i doesnt work now beacuse it was given in 2016 so yeah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/c91bd568-9bf8-48f8-abe1-4767ed9194c9
  8. Help me fix this pls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me fix this pls: I have a good headset for gaming and good audio but say I wanna record a youtube video I click on record with the mic option on. 20 minutes later I'm looking back and my mic audio sound like jack s* can someone help me fix this or is it just like that. submitted by...
  9. Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!!: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  10. Sound Device/Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Device/Driver Issue: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...