Windows 10: Sound Device/Driver Issue

Discus and support Sound Device/Driver Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James Prakash J. C., Dec 8, 2018.

1. Sound Device/Driver Issue

I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver.

For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device" instead. Now there's no audio. The realtek driver is also gone I think.

When I hover over the sound icon in taskbar, it reads "No Audio Output Device is Enabled". I can't find the Realtek device in the device manager. So I tried to add legacy hardware, selected the realtek driver and tried installing them, there were three drivers, I tried all of them. But I'm getting this error:

"This operation requires an interactive window station"

I downloaded drivers from dell support and from Realtek official site. I tried to install these but it didn't work. I'm not a very technical guy, all this I did following online tutorials so I don't really know what I have done or what has happened. I'm at a loss.

Please help.

:)

James Prakash J. C., Dec 8, 2018

2. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Sound Issues

Hi Junior,

The change on the sound quality of your device after the recent update can be related to an incompatible driver. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you update your driver by following these steps:

• Type Device Manager in the search box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Sound, video and game controllers to view the driver.
    • Right-click the installed sound driver and select Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab.
    • Select Update Driver to update your sound driver.
    • If the driver is updated, you can reinstall the existing driver by repeating steps
      1 to 5.
    • This time, select Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling the driver, restart your device to automatically reinstall the driver.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Sound Device/Driver Issue

Sound issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the new window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • In the list of options, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If troubleshooter doesn't fix issue uninstall and reinstall latest drivers from device manufacturer and check if the issue persist.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Sound Device/Driver Issue

1. Sound Device/Driver Issue - Similar Threads - Sound Device Driver

2. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  3. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  4. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  5. Sound driver issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound driver issue: Hi - I am using Sony VAIO laptop - Model number VPCEB42FM. My windows 10 was updated couple of weeks ago. after this update my sound drivers didnt update. Pls help to update sound drivers....
  6. Device Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Driver Issue: Suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Surface Pro X 64 Bit. Windows 10 Home [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-driver-issue/b5ca7f3a-2bbf-4a03-b4c3-ba35d194603f
  7. Weird sound driver issue with High Definition Audio Device driver.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird sound driver issue with High Definition Audio Device driver.: For the last few months, there's been something off about the sound from computer. It's most pronounced if I'm watching Twitch, where there will be a major volume difference between the streamer's mic and the game audio, and no, it is not due to an individual streamer's...
  8. Device/Driver Issue

Device/Driver Issue: Dell Inspiron 3584 Windows 10 x64 Basically I'll just list all my problems below 4 Broken Drivers, including Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter - I updated to the latest version provided on the Dell website, but it still does not function properly, and every time...
  9. Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed)

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed): I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  10. Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!!

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!!: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound blaster e5 driver This operation requires an interactive window station.