Windows 10: Sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2

Discus and support Sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2 on yesterday. That's why I followed all the posts on "Microsoft's community" site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArindamBhattacharjee1, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2

My sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2 on yesterday. That's why I followed all the posts on "Microsoft's community" site but none of them worked. Even when I go to the recovery option in Windows and check the "Go back to the previous version of Windows10" option, it shows that "this&

:)

ArindamBhattacharjee1, Jun 19, 2021
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2

My sound won't work after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2

1. Sound device has not been working since I updated Windows 20H2 - Similar Threads - Sound device has

2. Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sounds not working after 20H2 update!: I have just had my pc update windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 os build 19042.985 and now my sound is not working. I have tried all the usual delete & reinstall drivers etc but to no avail.It state there is no audio device installed even though when I check device manager...
  3. Two issues since I updated to 20H2.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two issues since I updated to 20H2.: Several weeks ago, my laptop automatically updated from 1909 to 20H2 regardless of my will. Since it's updated, two issues happened. 1 Slow shutdown time It took around 15 sec to shut down before and takes more than a minute now. 2 Voice recorder not working When I...
  4. My pc has been lagging since I had uninstalled realtek sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc has been lagging since I had uninstalled realtek sound.: So I was going to uninstall Realtek, because my mic was messed up from it. The I restart because it was lagging. Windows said that they did not remember my pin or something so I decided to do a reinstall of windows. It was still lagging. My pc is very good, its a gaming pc...
  5. windows 20h2 , noisy sound and the device stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 20h2 , noisy sound and the device stop working: Hello , my computer after the 20h2 update started to make noisy sound its like "drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" and the screen stopped working , every thing freezed and it stays till i press the power button for 5 sec , that what happens most the time , some times blue screen appear...
  6. No audio since 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio since 20H2 update.: My realtek based onboard sound no longer works. It shows it's playing sound but nothing comes out my speakers. My bluetooth headphones (soundcore Life Q20) function normally. I had fixed it with a modded driver but after a few reboots it no longer works again. Everything was...
  7. Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update: I am running Windows 10 Home 20H2, OS Build 19042.685 Since the 20H2 update every time I open Windows Mail App it ramps the fans up, but task manager displays 0% for all tabs When the app opens, emails will load but then freeze and this happens 90% of the time! If the mail...
  8. Audio has not worked since I updated

Audio has not worked since I updated: My Audio does not work since I updated my computer yesterday. Why would that happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-has-not-worked-since-i-updated/31ca6332-5e9c-40e0-9c22-44c73a1a1468
  9. Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update

Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keyboards 3, e, d & c. I could resolve the problem by pressing e, d and c at the same time but this morning I did another update and there's no way to make those keys work. Is there a way to fix...
  10. Sound devices disabled since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound devices disabled since last update: Were working now not working and appear to have been disabled and not allowed to be enabled again...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-devices-disabled-since-last-update/72e585e3-878d-4de6-9db3-d61eb6445262