Windows 10: sound device no longer recognized

Discus and support sound device no longer recognized in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/sj5r28H It was working fine? All of a sudden decided to show up in the other devices list. I've tried reinstalling the drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Polluxo, Sep 6, 2020.

1. sound device no longer recognized

https://imgur.com/sj5r28H

It was working fine? All of a sudden decided to show up in the other devices list. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the device and restarting, different usb ports. Windows is up to date, drivers are up to date.

submitted by /u/Polluxo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Polluxo, Sep 6, 2020

2. USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Nofsdad Win User
    No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Sep 6, 2020
  4. sound device no longer recognized

Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

sound device no longer recognized

1. sound device no longer recognized - Similar Threads - sound device longer

2. how to recognize USB PnP Sound Device as sound output ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recognize USB PnP Sound Device as sound output ?: for some reason USB PnP Sound Device does not recognized as sound output. how i can make it so ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recognize-usb-pnp-sound-device-as-sound/ad3b0143-3914-4784-8db0-41828a5d0c6b
  3. how to recognize USB PnP Sound Device as sound output ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recognize USB PnP Sound Device as sound output ?: for some reason USB PnP Sound Device does not recognized as sound output. how i can make it so ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recognize-usb-pnp-sound-device-as-sound/ad3b0143-3914-4784-8db0-41828a5d0c6b
  4. how to recognize USB PnP Sound Device as sound output ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. usb device not recognized notification sound repeating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    usb device not recognized notification sound repeating: read the title submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrn4rl/usb_device_not_recognized_notification_sound/
  6. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...
  7. Sound devices not recognizing headphone input

Sound devices not recognizing headphone input: I put my earbuds into the jack and they aren't recognized by Windows. If I boot my computer up with them in, they work. But take them out, and they won't work until next time my PC is turned off and on. Why, and what can I do to solve the problem?...
  8. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...
  9. USB Devices no longer recognized, how to fix?

USB Devices no longer recognized, how to fix?: Hi, no USB mouse is anymore recognized by the windows 10 No Drivers visible in Device Manager for USB mouse s No System Restore points available Plugging in other USB devices gives them power, but no USB sticks are recognized I Un-Installed all USB devices in the...
  10. W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized

W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized: When I first went from W8.1 to W10, everything worked except the sound. Now after several updates, the icon speaker in task bar has an x by it, and when I hover mouse over icon the message states that "no audio output device is installed." When I go to device manager, there...