Windows 10: Sound device type

Discus and support Sound device type in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i installed the new windows update and now i can only hear with my headset but the microphone is not working it uses the laptop's microphone this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YousefAhmed2, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sound device type

i installed the new windows update and now i can only hear with my headset but the microphone is not working it uses the laptop's microphone

this problem happend to me before and the fix for it was to change the sound device type to headset from the pop up thats shows up when i plug my headset in but i don't know how to change it

:)

YousefAhmed2, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Sound and Playback Devices

Hi,

To further isolate the issue, please provide the details these following questions:

• Have you updated your driver? If you did, where did get the updates?

• Have you check the properties of your device in device manager? Kindly post a screenshot of the status in of the
      drivers in device manager.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try to run the
    Playing Audio
    and
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    to do an automated fix on this matter. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

Playing Audio:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Chose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Playing Audio
      to run the troubleshooter

Hardware and Devices:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Chose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 9, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound device type :p

cadaveca, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Sound device type

SOUND FOR TYPING KEYS?

Hi Richard,

The option to play key sound as a user type is available in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 settings. The steps on how to enable the option will depend on the make and model of the device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the
    following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Is the option "Hear click sounds while typing" available in Gmail and Yahoo mail's settings?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you manually update your keyboard driver. This
    link provides further information on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Sound device type

1. Sound device type - Similar Threads - Sound device type

2. Sound Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Devices: Im having an issue where my new headset Steelseries Artis Prime only plays audio only when the "Speakers/Heaphones" device under realtek audio is selected. When i click on the steelseries gaming line the audio does not work.Thanks...
  3. Typing Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing Sound: I turned on typing sounds some weeks ago but I was so irritated with it that I wat to stop it. Then I turned off the typing sound option but I can still hear it. How do I turn it off?...
  4. Change Headphone Sound Device Type Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Headphone Sound Device Type Option: Okay, so my issue here is this:You know when you plug your headphones into Windows 10 and a window pops up and says "Identify device"? You can select headset, headphones, etc. I accidentally clicked the wrong option and had "remember this option." I read another thread that...
  5. sound device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound device: I recently changed locations with my PC and now my computer has no sound and it says that speakers are not plugged in but they are https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-device/2137cbf2-f2e8-4c34-a0a6-550cba56e33d
  6. Change sound type device option

Change sound type device option: So, this is my issue I connected my wired headset and when the “identify my device” I clicked by mistake the wrong option and click the “remember this option. Is there a way I can revert it back? I can’t use my mic in my headset now....
  7. sound devices

sound devices: my comp wont play sound an says no devices input or output https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-devices/c29b472f-4ae3-46c7-8097-63e46aa285dd
  8. sound device

sound device: Cannot detect a sound device ie: speakers, how, ever head phones work. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sound-device/2fa2232d-63d1-4fde-9624-0961d4927c3c
  9. Sound Device

Sound Device: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...
  10. Turn of Typing Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn of Typing Sound: Is there another setting to turn off key sounds as I'm typing, other than turning off the "play keysounds as I type" in Touch Keyboard settings?? I've switched that setting to "off" but my keys are still making that typing sound....