Windows 10: Sound device working but sound isn't played back

Discus and support Sound device working but sound isn't played back in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've reinstalled the drivers, un then replugged the sockets, it's a 3.5 jack. Troubleshooted many times, check the audio if it was muted, looked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shotgiy12, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Sound device working but sound isn't played back

I've reinstalled the drivers, un then replugged the sockets, it's a 3.5 jack.

Troubleshooted many times, check the audio if it was muted, looked to see if it was disabled; all fine.

It might with what I had to do earlier, I honestly can't remember very well but all I did was press the keyboard and then the sound was completely and utterly gone, if anyone has any knowledge about and could help it would highly appreciated

submitted by /u/shotgiy12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shotgiy12, Sep 29, 2020

2. windows10 startup sound not working

Hi,

For us to provide you with the a proper solution, are you only referring to the startup sound? If not, have you tried playing audio from different programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Sound troubleshooter in Control Panel to check for any errors.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and type Troubleshooting.
    • In the results, click on Troubleshooting (Control Panel).
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Playing audio.

Note: We also suggest that you run Hardware and Devices under Devices.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Sound device working but sound isn't played back

Sound and Playback Devices

Hi,

To further isolate the issue, please provide the details these following questions:

• Have you updated your driver? If you did, where did get the updates?

• Have you check the properties of your device in device manager? Kindly post a screenshot of the status in of the
      drivers in device manager.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try to run the
    Playing Audio
    and
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    to do an automated fix on this matter. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

Playing Audio:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Chose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Playing Audio
      to run the troubleshooter

Hardware and Devices:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Chose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Sound device working but sound isn't played back

1. Sound device working but sound isn't played back - Similar Threads - Sound device working

2. Bluetooth paired sound devices are not accessible to play sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth paired sound devices are not accessible to play sounds: Hi, the problem has been described multiple times in internet on different platforms/forums - but still no working solution for me is available . My laptop Dell Vostro 7510 connects properly to BT sound devices - as BT speaker Bose and BT headphones 2x Sony. Although devices...
  3. Bluetooth paired sound devices are not accessible to play sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth paired sound devices are not accessible to play sounds: Hi, the problem has been described multiple times in internet on different platforms/forums - but still no working solution for me is available . My laptop Dell Vostro 7510 connects properly to BT sound devices - as BT speaker Bose and BT headphones 2x Sony. Although devices...
  4. Sound Device not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Device not working: Hello.I've been experiencing a bad trouble after I installed windows 10 on my PC When i plug my headphone into the PC, it doesn't emit any sounds, even though its already connected Connected means that the headphone is on depends that the light accesory on the headphone is...
  5. Sound Device not working

Sound Device not working: Hello.I've been experiencing a bad trouble after I installed windows 10 on my PC When i plug my headphone into the PC, it doesn't emit any sounds, even though its already connected Connected means that the headphone is on depends that the light accesory on the headphone is...
  6. My sound isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound isn't working.: I recently downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10. Now the sound doesn't work. I tried to re-load the drivers, I also tried the built-in sound diagnosis. I don't know what to do. Should I go back to windows 11, or stay on windows 10? I downgraded because windows 11 is...
  7. My sound isn't working.

My sound isn't working.: I recently downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10. Now the sound doesn't work. I tried to re-load the drivers, I also tried the built-in sound diagnosis. I don't know what to do. Should I go back to windows 11, or stay on windows 10? I downgraded because windows 11 is...
  8. My sound isn't working.

9. Sound isn't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound isn't working.: Im writing this because something is wrong with my sound. In the bottom bar on my windows 10 laptop, when i push the sound icon it says No Audio Output Device is installed. I cant hear sound now, what do I do....
  10. Sound Not working Play back.

Sound Not working Play back.: Hello my name pcjqjwe11 where we have Sound not working. [ATTACH][ATTACH] but where no hear sound and restarted on get help but where no hear need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-play-back/cb4849a7-581e-4967-82a1-667b1238eb68