Windows 10: Sound devices automatically switching off

Discus and support Sound devices automatically switching off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As it says....sound 'device' changing before my eyes....also mutes on/off Have been to device manager...seems best drivers are installed. Have also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevConlon, Aug 13, 2019.

1. KevConlon Win User

Sound devices automatically switching off

As it says....sound 'device' changing before my eyes....also mutes on/off

Have been to device manager...seems best drivers are installed.

Have also used troubleshooter.....invariably comes to conclusion that the device is unplugged.

Win 10 Pro / 1903 / Build 18362.267

Please help!! Sound devices automatically switching off :)

***Original title: HUGE problems with Sound devices...switching ON/OFF......before my eyes in Sound Playback tab!!***

:)

KevConlon, Aug 13, 2019

2. Automatic sound switch from HDMI to headset?

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

I would like to inform that the sound will be automatically played from headphones/ speakers when you connect/ eject headphones respectively. There might be a drivers issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the audio driver.

I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing sound for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2019
  3. no automatic sound at bootup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the sound driver is outdated. Let’s try simple methods and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio device driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and output and right click on it and
      update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound devices automatically switching off - Similar Threads - Sound devices automatically

2. How to switch off automatic connection to Bluetooth devices on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch off automatic connection to Bluetooth devices on startup?: Hi,I don't want my PC to take over any Bluetooth device on start up. I hate when I listen to a nice track and then open my PC, and it automatically captures the running! Bluetooth devices in reach. How can I switch that off?Thanks...
  3. How to switch off automatic connection to Bluetooth devices on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch off automatic connection to Bluetooth devices on startup?: Hi,I don't want my PC to take over any Bluetooth device on start up. I hate when I listen to a nice track and then open my PC, and it automatically captures the running! Bluetooth devices in reach. How can I switch that off?Thanks...
  4. Switch between sound devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch between sound devices: Using windows 11, since that I have to open the sound settings to switch between my headset and my speakers. In windows 10 it was easy, just a click on the speakers symbol. I know it is hard to make windows easier to use, but why making it so complicated for users? It was way...
  5. Switch between sound devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch between sound devices: Using windows 11, since that I have to open the sound settings to switch between my headset and my speakers. In windows 10 it was easy, just a click on the speakers symbol. I know it is hard to make windows easier to use, but why making it so complicated for users? It was way...
  6. Audio / sound does not switch automatically after turning off a sound device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio / sound does not switch automatically after turning off a sound device: Hi, I used to have a Dell laptop windows 7 connected to a TV through HDMI. When I turn on the TV, the sound would switch automatically to the TV. and when I turned it off, It goes back to the Laptop speakers by itself. Now I have a new Lenovo windows 10 connected to the...
  7. PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically: Hi My PC is not yet 2 years old. Since the start, I have been experiencing shutdown and automatic restart. Not playing games on this, using Microsoft Word for my work and losing everything I've typed when a shutdown occurs. I did a complete wipe of everything on here...
  8. How to stop Windows from automatically switching default sound devices on connection?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Windows from automatically switching default sound devices on connection?: If I connect any sort of new audio device, bluetooth speakers, usb mic, etc., Windows automatically sets that new device as the default and starts using it. That's really annoying, as I have to be switching the default devices all the time, which in itself is a bit of a...
  9. HUGE problems with Sound devices...switching ON/OFF......before my eyes in Sound Playback tab!!

HUGE problems with Sound devices...switching ON/OFF......before my eyes in Sound Playback tab!!: As it says....sound 'device' changing before my eyes....also mutes on/off Have been to device manager...seems best drivers are installed. Win 10 Pro / 1903 / Build 18362.267 Please help!! :)...
  10. Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound

Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound: Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue with switching between my onboard audio and my Sound Blaster Z. Whenever I set the latter to be the default device, I get what sounds like a sound repeated over and over, echoing endlessly. The reason I switch between the two is to use my...