Windows 10: Sound devices disabled since last update

Discus and support Sound devices disabled since last update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Were working now not working and appear to have been disabled and not allowed to be enabled again...Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GHu58, Jan 8, 2020.

1. GHu58 Win User

Sound devices disabled since last update

Were working now not working and appear to have been disabled and not allowed to be enabled again...Help!

:)

GHu58, Jan 8, 2020

2. Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with enabling and disabling the sound drivers, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps to Update the driver
    and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Under Sound, video and game controller, right click on the driver and click on
      Update the driver software.

• Click on Browse my computer for driver software, click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

• Follow the Onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jan 8, 2020
  4. redant17 Win User

Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Win 10 on a Gigabyte Z170X mobo. This board has Creative Soundblaster audio as well as the Intel chipset audio that goes out HDMI cable. Both were working but at some point the system sent some audio to the monitor instead of the Creative device which goes
    to external speakers.

So I selected "disable" on the two Intel audio devices (one for HDMI, one for display miniport). Instead of appearing "disabled" they simply disappeared from the sound configuration list. They remain in the Devices list and are listed as "enabled". But
    since they are no longer listed in the Control Panel sound configuration settings, I can't turn them back on. Rebooting made no difference: still listed as enabled devices, but still not present in Control Panel sound settings.

I'd like to get the Intel devices back so I have the option of using them. Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.

redant17, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound devices disabled since last update - Similar Threads - Sound devices disabled

2. "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update: I lost my audio with the latest WIN10 update on my Lenovo PC. The speakers are very old Altec Lansing ACS41. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc with no difference. Any other suggestions?...
  3. "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update: I lost my audio with the latest WIN10 update on my Lenovo PC. The speakers are very old Altec Lansing ACS41. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc with no difference. Any other suggestions?...
  4. "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound volume too low since last update

Sound volume too low since last update: Hi,Since the last Windows update, I have to set my volume to 100% to get a normal sound. I don't know if the Windows update is the real cause, might be a coincidence but I didn't notice the low sound before....
  6. Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!: i have a DELL Inspiron 15 3000 Series and it had already the windows 10 since manufactured and it was working fine until the last update! Sound keys are F2 and F3 while my brightness keys are F11 and F12 and they are like useless keys now. I have checked the drivers for...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  9. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538