Windows 10: Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows sound is breaking everytime I load a new game to play, I get an X on my sound and it like sends lag throughout my pc. Please some help today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbbeeHurt, Mar 1, 2020.

1. AbbeeHurt Win User

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update

Windows sound is breaking everytime I load a new game to play, I get an X on my sound and it like sends lag throughout my pc. Please some help today would be awesome! Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update 295463b6-5401-4850-9061-1da11fc7b2a5?upload=true.png

:)

AbbeeHurt, Mar 1, 2020

2. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 1, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update

Sound gone after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello Dominik,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the sound on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to access the sound from speakers from your device and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: As updating the drivers couldn't resolve the issue, I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: ASUS Support

Select your product model, driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update

1. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Sound devices gone

2. Windows 10 Updates , Sound devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Updates , Sound devices.: Can someone please explain why every time Windows Update runs I have to spend 30 minutes reconfiguring my 7.1 surround settings. Absolute ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-sound-devices/d454e382-887f-4fc3-b7f7-719d67562d11
  3. all audio devices gone after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all audio devices gone after windows update: only installed this: https://i.imgur.com/OQ45L6U.png ive been using windows update 2004 since june and never had the problem. after restart I get no audio: https://i.imgur.com/bf5YuGE.png I have different audio devices like on-board, DAC, etc. but it's not just the audio...
  4. My audio device is gone after the windows 10 update

My audio device is gone after the windows 10 update: I need help D: After I got my windows 10 update installed, my hyperx headset device is gone in the audio setting. Please help, I'm trying to call my friend on discord and I can't because of this stupid update. Thank you. submitted by /u/xaikoz23 [link] [comments]...
  5. Sound Gone After Windows Reset

Sound Gone After Windows Reset: I reset windows 10 (build 18362) installation on an old computer with Asus M5A78L-M LX motherboard. The files were kept, but all programs removed. After the reset the sound is not working. Without the manufacturer driver the speakers remain in unplugged state even when they...
  6. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update of Feb 29th

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update of Feb 29th: After the automatic update of Feb 29th, yesterday the computer does not locate any sound devices. I no longer have speaker or microphone access. Any one else? How to fix?...
  7. Sound gone entirely after update.

Sound gone entirely after update.: After the latest update my sound is completely gone. Microphone and sound both. It seems to be drivers issue because I can see the drivers installed but applications do not recognize any devices. I tried all suggestions from google and reddit, anyone experiencing the same...
  8. sound devices quit working after windows 10 update

sound devices quit working after windows 10 update: I have a Windows 10 computer (an Intel NUC) with built-in sound (Realtek) and an external USB-driver D/A convertor (essentially a USB sound card). Some time after an update (although I'm not sure these incidents are related), my sound control panel now shows "no output...
  9. sound gone after update windows 10

sound gone after update windows 10: [ATTACH] sound is not working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-after-update-windows-10/7a57bf7f-6081-4ca7-a155-fddb39595927
  10. Sound gone weird after 10 update

Sound gone weird after 10 update: My sound on my laptop has gone weak and lacks base after latest update. Volume is maxed out but useless. 86113