Windows 10: Sound Devices Not Found

Discus and support Sound Devices Not Found in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've just purchased a small USB powered soundbar for my office PC, mainly to alert me when I have emails dropping in. My PC is a Dell Optiplex 790... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hakkmj, Oct 27, 2020.

1. /u/hakkmj Win User

Sound Devices Not Found

I've just purchased a small USB powered soundbar for my office PC, mainly to alert me when I have emails dropping in. My PC is a Dell Optiplex 790 running Windows 10 v 20h2.

The speaker icon has a red circle/white cross symbol on it. If I left click on this the sound troubleshooter starts, if I right click on it I get the popup menu as normal but the second option says "Speaker Setup (UNKNOWN)" which has a submenu that just says "Off"

The speakers are found in Device Manager as a USB 2.0 Device in Sound, video and game controllers and in Audio inputs and outputs.

There are no output devices found in sound settings.

I have updated all of the drivers and rebooted the machine after every change.

Every help site on the internet tells me the same thing "Update the driver, etc."

The speaker works on another PC of the same make and model.

Is there anything I can do to restore my sound settings to normal?

submitted by /u/hakkmj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hakkmj, Oct 27, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Devices Not Found :p

cadaveca, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Sound and Playback Devices

Hi,

To further isolate the issue, please provide the details these following questions:

• Have you updated your driver? If you did, where did get the updates?

• Have you check the properties of your device in device manager? Kindly post a screenshot of the status in of the
      drivers in device manager.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try to run the
    Playing Audio
    and
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    to do an automated fix on this matter. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

Playing Audio:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Chose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Playing Audio
      to run the troubleshooter

Hardware and Devices:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Chose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 27, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Devices Not Found

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Sound Devices Not Found

1. Sound Devices Not Found - Similar Threads - Sound Devices Found

2. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  3. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  4. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  6. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem "Audio device not found": I lost my audio with the latest update on my Lenovo laptop. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc. with no difference. Any suggestion is welcome?...
  7. Sound problem "Audio device not found"

8. Sound Device not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound Device not found: I recently updated Windows 10, on start up I had noticed I no longer have any output or input devices to choose from in Settings. I have tried updating every audio driver I have, restarted multiple times, reset my entire PC, reinstalled multiple drivers. Still I do not...
  9. No sound device installed-VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.

No sound device installed-VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.: After Windows 10 opens, this is the display ."The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." The sound device is now missing. What will I do to solve the problem?...
  10. No Sound Device found on new PC

No Sound Device found on new PC: My first post on any computer forum but I'm at the end of my rope and hope someone here can help! I got my new PC the other day, built and setup completely by my brother, and sent to me via mail. Now I set everything up on it and it runs beautifully, except for the fact that...