Windows 10: Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider.

Discus and support Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have just today reinstalled my system, reinstalled the basics and got onto one of my games and thought the sound was too loud through my speakers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EHiggs, May 22, 2020.

1. EHiggs Win User

Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider.

So I have just today reinstalled my system, reinstalled the basics and got onto one of my games and thought the sound was too loud through my speakers. So I tabbed out, clicked the volume button in the bottom right and clicked and dragged the volume slider down a bit.

As soon as I did, the sound died. I made no connection at the time though. I found I could switch to my headset and use that for the time being.

After leaving my game I attempted to fix the problem. I've reinstalled drivers, ran the trouble-shooting tool, tested the speaker to make sure it works. The volume mixer is indicating that sound IS being played Green bar bouncing up and down as sound is played ran an src scan to luck. So I did a system restore to the moment that windows was reinstalled and great, go the sound working again.

Go to change the volume again and guess whats happened? Broken again....

So long story short.

Using the volume slider kills my speakers sound.

Sound indicates its playing.

No sound from speakers, no issues with headset.

Tried many fixes, none work

System restore worked but is not desirable as it will only keep reoccurring.

Can I get any help here? I've never ran into an issue like this before, and I'm frustrated as hell because I've been searching and trying fixes all evening to no luck...

:)

EHiggs, May 22, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 22, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider

ah, you beat me to it

click start, type sounds

select "change system sounds" from the list

check the sound scheme is not set to no sounds.

if it is, select windows default from the dropdown and click apply

the volume slider uses the Default beep

if there is no speaker icon next to it, highlight it and select a sound from the dropdown at the bottom of the window. default is windows background.wav

Martmcd, May 22, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

sound slider

Hello Fred,

The volume sound slider uses the Default Beep sound in Windows 10. If you want to disable this sound, you will no longer get any other sound notifications for events that uses the Default Beep sound.

To disable this sound, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Start button > type Sound, then press
      Enter.
    2. On the Sounds tab, under Program Events, select the
      Default Beep in the list, set it to None using the drop-down box. Please see the screenshot below:

Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider. 3a01c6f6-1ad7-4c02-99ca-1f4003c9efbf?upload=true.png

You can also send a feedback using the Feedback Hub app. Please refer to this
    link

Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider. - Similar Threads - Sound dies interacting

2. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  3. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue...
  8. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider: Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound. Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications. Note that the Windows "sound"...
  9. No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider

No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider: I have tried every adjustment I know and on Google info and still can't solve the problem. I have sound accept on the sound adjustment slider in the task bar. Can anyone point me to the right directions on solving this problem. Thanks...
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...