Windows 10: Sound disappeared

Discus and support Sound disappeared in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Today I got new unpleasant surprise - the sound disappeared. I didn't do anything unusual today, in the evening installed PCloud and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ВеСе, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ВеСе Win User

Sound disappeared

Hello!

Today I got new unpleasant surprise - the sound disappeared. I didn't do anything unusual today, in the evening installed PCloud and then uninstalled it. I restarted the PC but the sound didn't appear. Everything seems ok in Device Manager. In Winamp the songs don't start. In Classic Media Player videos starts but with no sound. Please, help me!

Also one more strange things - CPU usually was on 2-3%. Now is on 30% because Desktop Window Manager. System Interrupts also appears in the processes. PCloud was integrated in Win shell, is it possible it's install and uninstall to cause this?

Win 10, build 1510

:)

ВеСе, Jan 4, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound disappeared :p

cadaveca, Jan 4, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Sound disappeared

Windows 10 and disappearing sound

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Since the above steps did not help to fix the issue. I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the sound card and check if it helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Sound, video and game controller”.

• Right click on the device driver and select
      uninstall.

• Once uninstall is done, restart the computer.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Sound disappeared

1. Sound disappeared - Similar Threads - Sound disappeared

2. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  3. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  4. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound briefly disappears in Bluetooth headphones when connected to the laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound briefly disappears in Bluetooth headphones when connected to the laptop.: I recently bought new Bluetooth headphones and connected them to my laptop. Initially, everything was fine, but then the sound started intermittently cutting out. The audio track continues, but there is no sound for a few seconds. This happens repeatedly, and although it...
  6. Sound briefly disappears in Bluetooth headphones when connected to the laptop.

Sound briefly disappears in Bluetooth headphones when connected to the laptop.: I recently bought new Bluetooth headphones and connected them to my laptop. Initially, everything was fine, but then the sound started intermittently cutting out. The audio track continues, but there is no sound for a few seconds. This happens repeatedly, and although it...
  7. System Sounds Disappear !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Sounds Disappear !!!: Hello, why do my system sounds disappear? Sounds when I connect or disconnect a USB flash drive or sounds for errors and such. There is sound. The sound card is working, they are enabled in the settings. I tried turning them off and on again but the effect is zero. I only fix...
  8. System Sounds Disappear !!!

System Sounds Disappear !!!: Hello, why do my system sounds disappear? Sounds when I connect or disconnect a USB flash drive or sounds for errors and such. There is sound. The sound card is working, they are enabled in the settings. I tried turning them off and on again but the effect is zero. I only fix...
  9. My system sound disappeared

My system sound disappeared: Hi i was just playing video games but suddenly my laptop sound got completely vanished i didn't delete or manage any drivers and i only update my pc if its necessary, i went to check my sound drivers and everything was okay even troubleshooting said that its okay But my...
  10. My system sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My system sound disappeared: Hi i was just playing video games but suddenly my laptop sound got completely vanished i didn't delete or manage any drivers and i only update my pc if its necessary, i went to check my sound drivers and everything was okay even troubleshooting said that its okay But my...