Windows 10: Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

Discus and support Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My new PC won't play sound after hibernation or sleep, so I have to completely restart to make it work again. I didn't have the same issue with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Abi8220, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Abi8220 Win User

Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

My new PC won't play sound after hibernation or sleep, so I have to completely restart to make it work again. I didn't have the same issue with my previous PC. Is there a setting I can change to make it work?

:)

Abi8220, Dec 16, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Yo_Wattup Win User
    sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

1. Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep - Similar Threads - Sound disappearing hibernation

2. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  3. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  4. Keep sound working in game after waking from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keep sound working in game after waking from sleep or hibernate: Although this isn't recommended, I've been keeping my games open before going into sleep or hibernate in windows 10, it can cause glitches but I've found it to work well. My problem is some games do not keep the audio after waking the pc but the games do not crash or have any...
  5. Keep sound working in game after waking from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep sound working in game after waking from sleep or hibernate: Although this isn't recommended, I've been keeping my games open before going into sleep or hibernate in windows 10, it can cause glitches but I've found it to work well. My problem is some games do not keep the audio after waking the pc but the games do not crash or have any...
  6. Keep sound working in game after waking from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hibernate Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate Disappeared: Ok i know i have to enable it and i did enable it, by choosing the change currently unaivailable settings and i got it at first. it worked. but then it suddenly disappeared . i try to do the same but its not there . i even tried the comman line : powercfg.exe /hibernate on...
  8. Won't Hibernation after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't Hibernation after Sleep: My laptop will wake up in 30minutes after sleep, which is supposed to go into hibernation, instead, it just stay awake. My power setting is: sleep after - 15min hybrid sleep - off hibernation after - 30min wakeup timer - off Also, when I see event, there is this:...
  9. After updating, hibernate option disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating, hibernate option disappeared: I updated my PC to the last version and when I turned my PC on the next day I couldn't find Hibernate the system option in the power menu. I didn’t manage to reinsert the hibernate button through Control Panel. So I think that this option isn’t available. Why?...
  10. USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse disappears after Sleep or Hibernation: I have recently upgraded my laptop from Vista to Windows 7 to Windows 10. My system is Toshiba Equium P300-16T, Intel Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2370 1.73 GHz. Installed memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 32 Bit Operating System My Windows 10 is reported as Version 1703 (OS Build...