Windows 10: Sound disconnects from headphone

Discus and support Sound disconnects from headphone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem where when i connect my headset to my pc and when playing it suddenly sounded like it was gonna crash and paused my game but like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FireBlasterzX, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Sound disconnects from headphone

Hi
    I have a problem where when i connect my headset to my pc and when playing it suddenly sounded like it was gonna crash and paused my game but like drops the fps then removes the sound from my headset.

It also happens from watching videos like youtube

is there a way to fix it
    thank you

other thing i want ask instead of making new discussion is I encountered a thing with my laptops monitor where left side if moniter went grey
    the enitre left side

if there is also a fix for that that would be greatly appreciated C:

:)

FireBlasterzX, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

wireless headphone connected but sound disconnecting repeatedly

Hi Armyn,

There are various factors why sound may disconnect while using wireless headphone. It can be due to outdated sound drivers or corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried updating you sound drivers?
    • Have you tried using another headphone and check if the issue still persist?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

Let us know if this works for you and if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something
    and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any custom drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting doesn't exist now...)

Any ideas how I can resolve? (EG, headphones don't disconnect and reconnect without sound if sounds stop playing?)

AlexIWalker, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Sound disconnects from headphone

No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Sound disconnects from headphone

1. Sound disconnects from headphone - Similar Threads - Sound disconnects headphone

2. Issue with sound from headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with sound from headphones.: After my HP laptop froze, I heard a buzzing sound in my headphones.I restarted my PC, and the sound from my headphones doesn't work, speakers work. Headphones work on other devices but not on the PC. Updating drivers doesn't work....
  3. Sound not playing after I disconnect headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not playing after I disconnect headphones: Hi. I wasn't having this problem until yesterday, and ever since I can't fix it. I tried Device Manager, Sound settings but to no avail. Can you people help me out? Thanks in advance.yes I know it's a risk to use Windows 7 at this point but I have malwarebytes and such...
  4. Sound not playing after I disconnect headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound not playing after I disconnect headphones: Hi. I wasn't having this problem until yesterday, and ever since I can't fix it. I tried Device Manager, Sound settings but to no avail. Can you people help me out? Thanks in advance.yes I know it's a risk to use Windows 7 at this point but I have malwarebytes and such...
  5. USB Headphone is making "tik" sound then it will disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Headphone is making "tik" sound then it will disconnect: My USB headphone's brand is Fantech, all of a sudden it will create a "tik" sound and then it disconnects. Already tried to disabled USB selective suspend settings in power management and in device manager. Hoping for your immediate support. Thank you...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played

Bluetooth Headphones disconnect when sound is played: I recently got a new pair of wireless earbuds the other day and they wont stay connected to my pc. When I start to play anything through the earbuds they disconnect and reconnect after about 30 seconds. I've tried to update bluetooth drivers, reinstall bluetooth drivers,...
  7. Bluetooth headphones Disconnects Automatically with a sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headphones Disconnects Automatically with a sound: Hi , a month back i installed windows 10 in my laptop and from there whenever i connect my Sony WH-CH 510 headphones , it first connects then automatically disconnects when i try to play an audio . i had run troubleshooter and had set bluetooth to automatic in services.msc...
  8. No sound from wired headphones

No sound from wired headphones: I have a pair of wired headphones but i cannot hear sound when connected to front heasphone jack on my Asus pc and investigated Realtek HD Audio Manager settings but cannot see anything happen when headphones connected the front audio jacks appear greyed out and have ticked...
  9. No sound from bluetooth headphones

No sound from bluetooth headphones: After charging my headphones overnight, they will no longer play sound when on my desktop. I know both the headphones and Bluetooth adapter are working because they work perfectly fine with my phone. When playing audio on my desktop I can hear a sort of quiet hum like it's...
  10. No Sound From Headphones

No Sound From Headphones: Having trouble with my audio for my headphones. My PC definitely detects them and makes them default, but no sound comes from them. I can switch to my speakers and the sound work just fine. I've used multiple headphones that I know work so its not the headphones. I have used...