Windows 10: Sound, display brightness, Battery info isn't working after fresh Windows 10 installation...

Discus and support Sound, display brightness, Battery info isn't working after fresh Windows 10 installation... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have tried..... install all the drivers from internet. no company support for Drivers Run troubleshooter. Installing Generic Drivers. Installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arpan9009, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Arpan9009 Win User

Sound, display brightness, Battery info isn't working after fresh Windows 10 installation...

i have tried.....

install all the drivers from internet. no company support for Drivers

Run troubleshooter.

Installing Generic Drivers. Installed but not working

Update win10.

System info.........

Micromax Canvas Lapbook l1161.

Realtek ALC5645 Audio Codec

Intel atom processor.

Windows 10 Home.

:)

Arpan9009, Jul 3, 2020
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Battery Saver/Brightness

Hello T J Wilson,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with brightness settings on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.
    • Click Apply. Click
      OK.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Sound, display brightness, Battery info isn't working after fresh Windows 10 installation...

After upgrading the brightness function is not working.

Hi Jignesh,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I will surely help you to resolve the issue with adjusting brightness.
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.

From the description provided, I understand that the brightness settings are not functioning correctly. Before proceeding follow the below link on
    Change screen brightness to turn the automatic adjustment on or off..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/change-screen-brightness

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Power from the
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 3

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.

Step 2:

Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Sound, display brightness, Battery info isn't working after fresh Windows 10 installation...

1. Sound, display brightness, Battery info isn't working after fresh Windows 10 installation... - Similar Threads - Sound display brightness

2. Sound isn't working after installing vac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound isn't working after installing vac: Hi.. I was just following some tutorial to install something but the game didn't work so I tried another tutorial which requires me to install VAC Virtual Audio Cable. And all of a sudden sound didn't work and I tried to follow another tutorial but failed, I tried doing it on...
  3. Sound isn't working after installing vac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound isn't working after installing vac: Hi.. I was just following some tutorial to install something but the game didn't work so I tried another tutorial which requires me to install VAC Virtual Audio Cable. And all of a sudden sound didn't work and I tried to follow another tutorial but failed, I tried doing it on...
  4. no sound after fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound after fresh install of windows 10: hi - no sound after fresh install onto a ssd of windows 10, initially had an issue activating windows, so i had support help remotely, now thats rectified, the sound doesnt work on my asus MX239H. it was fine before the new windows, updated drivers etc...
  5. no sound after fresh install of windows 10

no sound after fresh install of windows 10: hi - no sound after fresh install onto a ssd of windows 10, initially had an issue activating windows, so i had support help remotely, now thats rectified, the sound doesnt work on my asus MX239H. it was fine before the new windows, updated drivers etc...
  6. no sound after fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10: Hello! I have a laptop Lenovo G40-45 with an AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 graphics which is refusing to work properly. I don't know what is wrong with the laptop. But every time I install the correct display drivers, after few seconds, the system freezes and gives me BSOD....
  8. BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10

BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10: Hello! I have a laptop Lenovo G40-45 with an AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 graphics which is refusing to work properly. I don't know what is wrong with the laptop. But every time I install the correct display drivers, after few seconds, the system freezes and gives me BSOD....
  9. BSOD after installing Display Drivers on a fresh installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. display brightness not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    display brightness not working: My display has suddenly gone to the lowest brightness upon start and I can no longer adjust it in the action center or in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-not-working/8063bd85-76da-4409-8b9a-e806cb7c6679