Windows 10: Sound/Display System not working?

Discus and support Sound/Display System not working? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So first, I think most of problems I'm having right now is due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what this is called not the characters, nor do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kilde_0, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Kilde_0 Win User

Sound/Display System not working?

So first, I think most of problems I'm having right now is due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what this is called not the characters, nor do I know which section this type of UI would belong to sound, display, or something else?, and thus cannot properly search up what is wrong with this thing.All I know is that, in a playlist, I used to be able to skip songs whenever I wanted to, but now I can't, nor does the channel name pop up.This is what should be happening:This is what is happening:As you can see, same exact song, in the same playlist, but now what's happening right now, is th

:)

Kilde_0, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound/Display System not working? :p

cadaveca, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Sound/Display System not working?

Surface Pro 2 Windows 10 - no sound on display port and slow video

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

If doesn't work, I suggest you to update the sound and display drivers from device manager and check.

Please follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    • Follow the same steps to update sound device.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Sound/Display System not working?

1. Sound/Display System not working? - Similar Threads - Sound Display System

2. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  3. System sounds not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds not working: Sort of two problems. First the system sounds will not play at all e.g. - clicking, opening stuff ect. Second I previously had Windows 7 and used the "Calligraphy" theme. I really liked these sound effects however there is no way to add them with Windows 11. Have these theme...
  4. System sounds don’t and work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds don’t and work.: If system dialog appears, there is no system sound. But they don’t play not only on system dialogs – also when I press NUM Lock/Caps Lock/Scroll Lock there is the feature to set sound accompaniments by pressing those keys in accessibility settings. System sounds are playing...
  5. System sounds don’t and work.

System sounds don’t and work.: If system dialog appears, there is no system sound. But they don’t play not only on system dialogs – also when I press NUM Lock/Caps Lock/Scroll Lock there is the feature to set sound accompaniments by pressing those keys in accessibility settings. System sounds are playing...
  6. Sound/Display System not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound/Display System not working?: So first, I think most of problems I'm having right now is due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what this is called not the characters, nor do I know which section this type of UI would belong to sound, display, or something else?, and thus cannot properly search up what...
  7. Sound/Display System not working?

Sound/Display System not working?: So first, I think most of problems I'm having right now is due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what this is called not the characters, nor do I know which section this type of UI would belong to sound, display, or something else?, and thus cannot properly search up what...
  8. Sound System Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound System Not Working: I have no sound on my Windows 10 computer. I even bought a USB sound card, but nothing. The devices appear in device manager and with no errors. I tried everything on the web, but nothing. My PC is Lenovo ThinkPad L480 workstation and it's very frustrating that my sound is...
  9. Windows System Sounds Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows System Sounds Not Working: Hello I'm having a strange issue on my Windows 10 desktop. All sounds are working fine (Music etc.), EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all that fine there, but cannot...
  10. System Sounds not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Sounds not working?: Hi all - having a strange issue on my Win10 Pro 64-bit desktop. All sound is working fine, EXCEPT the System Sounds (recycle bin delete noise, Windows startup sound, etc). I can watch Youtube, listen to music, do voice chat, etc and all is fine there, but cannot hear any of...