Windows 10: Sound Distortion on HDMI using Intel i5-6600K

Discus and support Sound Distortion on HDMI using Intel i5-6600K in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to use the HDMI audio capability of an Intel i5=6600K processor (it has the Intel HD Graphics 530) on an Asus Z170-A motherboard (with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PJLLB, Jul 16, 2021.

1. PJLLB Win User

Sound Distortion on HDMI using Intel i5-6600K

I'm trying to use the HDMI audio capability of an Intel i5=6600K processor (it has the Intel HD Graphics 530) on an Asus Z170-A motherboard (with the has an on-board Realtek ALC892 high definition audio CODEC function. The system is connected to a Denon AVR-X2400H receiver. All devices have updated drivers and software. However... Initially, the HDMI audio is fine, but after a period of time (sometimes short, sometimes a bit longer) the audio quickly becomes severely distorted. Only restarting the PC temporarily fixes the problem. I have tried various combinations of enabling and disabling the Realtek sound devices, etc. The HDMI video is fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? When I install an NVidia GeForce 750 TI video card and use its HDMI output, audio and video are fine, so I don't think it's the Denon receiver. It seems to be something about the interaction between the Intel HD audio and the Realtek sound function. Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on? I would use the optical output of the Realtek but I can't get anything but stereo when I should get DD 5.1 multi-channel. But that's another frustration that I would appreciate guidance on too if I am unable to solve the issue with the Intel HDMI audio. Thanks in advance.

:)

PJLLB, Jul 16, 2021

2. Sound distortion on Windows 10

Since I have my new PC I am experiencing a really annoying issue with my audiosystem.

When no sound is produced some distorted and static sound comes through my speaker (BOSE Soundlink Mini).

However, when I am listening to music, play games or watch videos the distortion is gone. But in every pause of sound the distortion returns.

I have tried this:

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    But that didn't work unfortunately

If someone could help me, I would be very grateful

My PC specs:

MSI H1070M PRO-VDH

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @3.30 GHz

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6G

Moved from Insider

Gillianvan Leeuwen, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound Distortion on HDMI using Intel i5-6600K - Similar Threads - Sound Distortion HDMI

2. Is windows 11 pro compatible with Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 pro compatible with Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor: I bought the Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor and am wondering if it is compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-pro-compatible-with-intel-core-i5/1ddd6f1c-0933-4045-af75-c71c54385444
  3. Is windows 11 pro compatible with Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 pro compatible with Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor: I bought the Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor and am wondering if it is compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-pro-compatible-with-intel-core-i5/1ddd6f1c-0933-4045-af75-c71c54385444
  4. Muffled sound on Windows 11 using sound over HDMI and Intel driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled sound on Windows 11 using sound over HDMI and Intel driver: Hello. I have an Asus Zenbook UX450FDXI7-8565UIntel UHD Graphics 620 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Max-QI also have the screenpad that can be used. I use the following setup:Zenbook -> Hmdi cable to Marrantz Amplifier -> Hdmi cable to Asus Screen XG27VQ. I have noticed the...
  5. Muffled sound on Windows 11 using sound over HDMI and Intel driver

Muffled sound on Windows 11 using sound over HDMI and Intel driver: Hello. I have an Asus Zenbook UX450FDXI7-8565UIntel UHD Graphics 620 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Max-QI also have the screenpad that can be used. I use the following setup:Zenbook -> Hmdi cable to Marrantz Amplifier -> Hdmi cable to Asus Screen XG27VQ. I have noticed the...
  6. Support for i5 6600K

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support for i5 6600K: Hello,After buying Windows 11 digital version from Microsoft Store I realized, my CPU is not supported and I can't install the system.Howeaver I found on the Internet couple of informations about another PCUs like:'some of the processors considered old were not being...
  7. Support for i5 6600K

Support for i5 6600K: Hello,After buying Windows 11 digital version from Microsoft Store I realized, my CPU is not supported and I can't install the system.Howeaver I found on the Internet couple of informations about another PCUs like:'some of the processors considered old were not being...
  8. Is there a chance that the Intel processor i5-6600K will be supported by Windows 11 in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a chance that the Intel processor i5-6600K will be supported by Windows 11 in the...: Is there a chance that the Intel processor i5-6600K will be supported by Windows 11 in the near future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-chance-that-the-intel-processor-i5/e462e58c-32a7-4a90-b4d6-d7b8614a60dd
  9. Is there a chance that the Intel processor i5-6600K will be supported by Windows 11 in the...

Is there a chance that the Intel processor i5-6600K will be supported by Windows 11 in the...: Is there a chance that the Intel processor i5-6600K will be supported by Windows 11 in the near future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-chance-that-the-intel-processor-i5/e462e58c-32a7-4a90-b4d6-d7b8614a60dd
  10. Distorted Sounds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649