Windows 10: Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

Discus and support Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried different HDMI cables, reinstalled drivers, nothing helped. Yesterday it worked, and all of a sudden - no sound in the external display. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrey Welsh, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

I tried different HDMI cables, reinstalled drivers, nothing helped. Yesterday it worked, and all of a sudden - no sound in the external display. What could be the problem? I'm puzzled!

:)

Andrey Welsh, Aug 12, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Aug 12, 2019
  3. redant17 Win User
    Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Win 10 on a Gigabyte Z170X mobo. This board has Creative Soundblaster audio as well as the Intel chipset audio that goes out HDMI cable. Both were working but at some point the system sent some audio to the monitor instead of the Creative device which goes
    to external speakers.

So I selected "disable" on the two Intel audio devices (one for HDMI, one for display miniport). Instead of appearing "disabled" they simply disappeared from the sound configuration list. They remain in the Devices list and are listed as "enabled". But
    since they are no longer listed in the Control Panel sound configuration settings, I can't turn them back on. Rebooting made no difference: still listed as enabled devices, but still not present in Control Panel sound settings.

I'd like to get the Intel devices back so I have the option of using them. Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.

redant17, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

1. Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio - Similar Threads - Sound does through

2. Realtek Audio HD - Speaker sound also going through mic input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Audio HD - Speaker sound also going through mic input: I have been using Discord for about a month with no issues but all of a sudden I updated a Realtek Driver and now I have had the Realtek Audio Manager popping up whenever I plug my headphone and mic splitter in my 3.5 ports in the motherboard. Recently though, my friends...
  3. Intel Display Audio is showing not installed on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Display Audio is showing not installed on windows 10: My audio icon has a red x next to it. When I put my cursor over it, it says, "No audio output device is installed". I went to the device manager and the device under sounds shows the Intel Display audio is working fine. But it is not working. What do I need to do? I am...
  4. Missing Intel Display Audio after 1809 upgrade

Missing Intel Display Audio after 1809 upgrade: Windows 10 home 1809 17763.55, Samsung Notebook 9 - 7th gen Intel i7. I have installed 25.20.100.6326 and same thing. Windows update immediately installs an older driver from 2016, then Samsung installs 23.20.16.5044 04/2018. Under Device Installation Settings I have told...
  5. Desktop audio going through microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop audio going through microphone: Greetings For some reason my PC started to send all my desktop sound through my microphone. I can see the volume levels under recording devices being fairly low, but friends that I talk to on Discord tell the desktop sound goes through all clear. If I mute my microphone on...
  6. my audio does not playing sound

my audio does not playing sound: My audio speaker does not playing sound. I also connecting a speaker but it does not working either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-audio-does-not-playing-sound/1e77c228-0a48-49da-b09b-7f7226fdc0e7
  7. Intel Display Audio Driver

Intel Display Audio Driver: The Intel Display Audio driver I have is causing Blue Screens so are there any new versions for this driver that are compatible with Windows 10 and ​Intel i7 (fourth gen)?? The latest version I have is 6.16.0.3189. [img] 37429
  8. No Sound Through Headphones

No Sound Through Headphones: Hello! I've already read through many of the similar questions on this forum, however none of the solutions seem to work. Sound comes through perfectly fine on my laptop's built-in speakers. However, when plugging my headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack, there is no sound...
  9. Roxio Game Capture HD Pro: No audio going through HDMI

Roxio Game Capture HD Pro: No audio going through HDMI: After getting my new ABS desktop PC I got from Newegg (ABS Computer Technologies Desktop Computer ALI052 Intel Core i3 6100 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit - Newegg.com), I can finally use my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro to record gameplay footage without any...
  10. Poor Graphics Display - Lines Going Through Dark Colours

in Windows 10 Support
    Poor Graphics Display - Lines Going Through Dark Colours: Not sure where this came from, but all of a sudden video isn't displaying properly. I'm posting a screenshot of this page where you can see a bunch of vertical lines going through the bar at the bottom of windows. Here's another screenshot from a movie where it's much more...