Windows 10: Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

Discus and support Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried different HDMI cables, reinstalled drivers, nothing helped. Yesterday it worked, and all of a sudden - no sound in the external display. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrey Welsh, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

I tried different HDMI cables, reinstalled drivers, nothing helped. Yesterday it worked, and all of a sudden - no sound in the external display. What could be the problem? I'm puzzled!

:)

Andrey Welsh, Aug 12, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Aug 12, 2019
  3. redant17 Win User
    Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Win 10 on a Gigabyte Z170X mobo. This board has Creative Soundblaster audio as well as the Intel chipset audio that goes out HDMI cable. Both were working but at some point the system sent some audio to the monitor instead of the Creative device which goes
    to external speakers.

So I selected "disable" on the two Intel audio devices (one for HDMI, one for display miniport). Instead of appearing "disabled" they simply disappeared from the sound configuration list. They remain in the Devices list and are listed as "enabled". But
    since they are no longer listed in the Control Panel sound configuration settings, I can't turn them back on. Rebooting made no difference: still listed as enabled devices, but still not present in Control Panel sound settings.

I'd like to get the Intel devices back so I have the option of using them. Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.

redant17, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio

1. Sound does not go through Intel Display Audio - Similar Threads - Sound does through

2. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *: My external display audio was working fine until recently, now I cannot get the audio to work when I select it. It shows sounds are being played properly, but the audio is silent. I've tried sfc /scannow I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Nothing will work....
  3. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *: My external display audio was working fine until recently, now I cannot get the audio to work when I select it. It shows sounds are being played properly, but the audio is silent. I've tried sfc /scannow I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Nothing will work....
  4. Intel Display Audio HDMI External Display - No Audio *

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intel HD Audio Driver for Display Audio Sound Stuttering

Intel HD Audio Driver for Display Audio Sound Stuttering: Hello,I have MSI Prestige 14 A11SCX Laptop with 11th Gen i7 processor with Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Build 19042.985 that connected to LG 29WK600 using DisplayPort cable. My issue is the sound that coming out from my monitor is a bit laggy or stuttering. Windows...
  6. Intel Display Audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel Display Audio: I need help with Intel Display audio. I have connected my TV with HDMI from GPU and for Sound I have connected my Sony Home Theater for 5.1 Sound as my TV doesn't support more then 2 channels. I just need to know if there is a console for tweaking audio like Realtek Audio...
  7. Alternative to Intel Display Audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternative to Intel Display Audio?: I have Soundbar connect via HDMI to the back of PC's HDMI. Do I have to have Intel Display Audio driver for this work or there's another driver that could work. Also I just want it be used for audio, I don't really need it to have it use both video and audio. submitted by...
  8. Intel Display Audio

Intel Display Audio: I have a new Lenovo T27p-10 monitor. No sound. I updated the Intel UHD Graphics driver, but events reports: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5917&SUBSYS_225D17AA&REV_07\3&11583659&1&10 requires further installation. I updated the Intel Display Audio driver, but events reports:...
  9. Desktop audio going through microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop audio going through microphone: Greetings For some reason my PC started to send all my desktop sound through my microphone. I can see the volume levels under recording devices being fairly low, but friends that I talk to on Discord tell the desktop sound goes through all clear. If I mute my microphone on...
  10. Intel Display Audio Driver

Intel Display Audio Driver: The Intel Display Audio driver I have is causing Blue Screens so are there any new versions for this driver that are compatible with Windows 10 and ​Intel i7 (fourth gen)?? The latest version I have is 6.16.0.3189. [img] 37429