Windows 10: Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work?

Discus and support Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I reinstalled the laptop. However, I didn't try it at first and after all the settings I found out that the sound didn't work. That's right, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichalRama, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work?

Hello, I reinstalled the laptop. However, I didn't try it at first and after all the settings I found out that the sound didn't work. That's right, the sound from the laptop, the headphones work. Personally, I've always found that an external audio device didn't work, but never the other way around. Please do you know what is the problem? Before the reinstallation, the sound worked and everything I tried didn't help resetting, troubleshooting, resetting drivers Reinstalling would probably solve it, but after I've set everything up, I definitely don't want to do it. Please help Thank you

:)

MichalRama, Jan 18, 2022
  2. zavarzin1 Win User

No sound through laptop speakers, hdmi and headphones work

Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work? [​IMG]

Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work? [​IMG]
    no sound please help back panel not working

zavarzin1, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Favirs Win User
    No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Aha, it works! Thanks so much for your time Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work? :)

What I had to do was uninstall the drivers and then reinstall the realtek drivers in compatibility mode (windows 7) and run as admin.

Favirs, Jan 18, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work?

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hi, what sort of headphones are they? Plain ordinary analogue.. USB..?
    Do they require a driver? If so, is it installed ok?

There are several threads about headphone issues on this forum, so suggest you also try searching the forum for 'headphones'. May give you a clue.

E.g.
    Audio Issues - Quiet no detection of headphones - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work?

1. Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work? - Similar Threads - Sound does reinstallation

2. Headphones work only after Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones work only after Restart: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 11 . When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the speaker is off. Then if I unplug the...
  3. Headphones work only after Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones work only after Restart: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 11 . When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the speaker is off. Then if I unplug the...
  4. sound only works with headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound only works with headphones: i have tried every tutorial i can find online. troubleshooting says it cannot find the problem. i have reinstalled drivers, restored to a previous version, scanned for hardware changes, reinstalled from the manufacturer's website, literally everything. please help! i have a...
  5. sound only works with headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound only works with headphones: i have tried every tutorial i can find online. troubleshooting says it cannot find the problem. i have reinstalled drivers, restored to a previous version, scanned for hardware changes, reinstalled from the manufacturer's website, literally everything. please help! i have a...
  6. sound only works with headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work?: Hello, I reinstalled the laptop. However, I didn't try it at first and after all the settings I found out that the sound didn't work. That's right, the sound from the laptop, the headphones work. Personally, I've always found that an external audio device didn't work, but...
  8. Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work?

Sound does not work after reinstallation, but only laptop, headphones work?: Hello, I reinstalled the laptop. However, I didn't try it at first and after all the settings I found out that the sound didn't work. That's right, the sound from the laptop, the headphones work. Personally, I've always found that an external audio device didn't work, but...
  9. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have a Dell G3 2019 laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  10. Only headphones working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only headphones working: Hi As of today, only my headphones are working. The speakers dont't work at all. I have a coda spirit laptop been using it for about 6 months now and never had this problem before. I am thinking as I use the headphones a lot has perhaps a 'spec' of something got stuck in the...