Windows 10: Sound does not work even after several fix attempts

Discus and support Sound does not work even after several fix attempts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing a new video card sound does not work: The icon has an X. The troubleshooter does not work Device Manager says This device is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tim06, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Tim06 Win User

Sound does not work even after several fix attempts

After installing a new video card sound does not work:

• The icon has an X.
    • The troubleshooter does not work
    • Device Manager says This device is working properly
    • Driver update/restart failed several times - both Windows driver and from
    • Right clicking the Sound icon it says Speaker setup UNKNOWN -> OFF
    • MS Support suggest clean boot but that did not work [ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-sound-problems-in-windows-10-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56c8 ]
    • Uninstalled driver after clean boot then reinstalled but no change.
    • Bios is current
    • Reset driver to High Definition Audio Device from theAMD…version – no change
    • Driver File Details now lists 5 drivers see screen grab
    • Thanks for your help
    • Sound does not work even after several fix attempts 36782f0e-87ba-4b98-8b79-1f9abf767c9a?upload=true.png

:)

Tim06, Jan 18, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound does not work even after several fix attempts :p

cadaveca, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jan 18, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound does not work even after several fix attempts - Similar Threads - Sound does several

2. F11 does not work even after fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F11 does not work even after fix: Hi!My F11-button isn't working, tried several applications including Chrome and Edge.I found an answer before about this and followed it.Go into the device manager and uninstall the keyboard and restart the PC. I did it and it worked... For like five presses of the...
  3. F11 does not work even after fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F11 does not work even after fix: Hi!My F11-button isn't working, tried several applications including Chrome and Edge.I found an answer before about this and followed it.Go into the device manager and uninstall the keyboard and restart the PC. I did it and it worked... For like five presses of the...
  4. F11 does not work even after fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  6. Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative Update will not install after several attempts not even with standalone installer: Computer has attempted to download and install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014668Error codes I've received:0x802480140x800700260x800f0988I've tried looking for processes and programs that could be trying to compete with this install and stopping...
  7. I am writing this after several, several attempts of fixing the issue myself but reading...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am writing this after several, several attempts of fixing the issue myself but reading...: I took my laptop which is MSI GF65 Thin 9SD which is on a Windows 10 64-bit operating system. They said it needed a BIOS update and the issue was resolved. And now 3 days back, the issue repeated itself. The Wifi option is just gone and there's an exclamation mark on the...
  8. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe: Hello,Not that long ago I used to get BSODS randomly and constantly when idling and used windows driver verifier and removed the offending drivers till I was able to boot via driver verifier. Everything was fine for a while and I recently started to get BSODS again while...
  9. Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts: Hi. I recently got done switching a prebuilt HP Omen over to a Corsair 4000d Airflow case. The case has a combo-jack on the front panel. This was the same as my old one, where my headset worked perfectly. It fit into my motherboard exactly the same. Now, my only issue is my...
  10. Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts: Hello, I've finally come here because I've became clueless in the matter: (TL;DR and info below) In order for everyone to understand; here goes: It all started with a random wireless problem on Windows 10 (AU) after a restart, before that there was nothing installed or...