Windows 10: Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update

Discus and support Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After downloading the latest Windows Cumulative Update as of 10/11/2018 (October 10, 2018), my speaker suddenly doesn't work anymore. The volume up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jamil Haidar-Ahmad, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update

After downloading the latest Windows Cumulative Update as of 10/11/2018 (October 10, 2018), my speaker suddenly doesn't work anymore. The volume up, volume down, and mute buttons on the laptop have stopped working. I tried plugging in headphones and earphones to check if the problem was from the speaker. There was no sound either.

Checking device manager I found Intel High Definition Audio in Other Devices instead of it functioning normally. The error it gave was this:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

I tried to update the driver but Windows Update couldn't do it for some reason.

I tried uninstalling the update and the problem still persists. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

:)

Jamil Haidar-Ahmad, Oct 11, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Bushka Win User
    Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update

1. Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - Sound doesn't latest

2. Bluetooth after the latest update doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth after the latest update doesn't work properly: Hi. After the latest win10 update it seems my bluetooth headset doesn't work. Sound started to "stutter". I tried everything I could think of. I re-installed the bluetooth and sound drivers for several times, uninstalled the updates, paused windows update, rolled back...
  3. VIA sound card, microphone doesn't work after windows 10 latest updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIA sound card, microphone doesn't work after windows 10 latest updates.: Can i do something or should i wait for new windows 10 updates from Microsoft? On my laptop the headphones work fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/via-sound-card-microphone-doesnt-work-after/96f01364-7a75-47ac-8104-29d76fe931e3
  4. Sound not working, showing as unplugged after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound not working, showing as unplugged after latest update: Hello - we are having an issue with our sound showing as unplugged and output not available after the latest Windows 10 update yesterday. Update version was 2004. Using Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050. We tried just about every of fix we found online, including updating the graphics...
  5. NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .: After the latest windows update ,build 19025.vb_relase 191112-1414 which I downloaded yesterday @18.38 , there is no sound from the speakers , the same thing happened last year . The only thing is I can't go back and restore windows to the previous version because there is...
  6. Latest windows update doesn't seem to work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update doesn't seem to work.: [IMG]n Every option brings me back here, because it can't troublshoot properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-update-doesnt-seem-to-work/8ffb9f23-0148-4c38-8d58-58709c328e18
  7. No sound after latest update.

No sound after latest update.: Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon...
  8. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  9. windows 10 mail doesn't work after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 mail doesn't work after latest update: Why isn't windows 10 mail working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-mail-doesnt-work-after-latest-update/ea63af38-d83e-4122-bb97-e6a9f14c05f2
  10. No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates: Hello there, people of teh internetz, I'm looking for some help getting my laptop to work normally, after the latest windows updates. Problems - There is no sound. The troubleshooter can't fix the problem. I can hear quiet, random crackling sounds with headphones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after update my sound doesnt work

2. sound doesnt work after windows update

3. audio doesnt work after updates

4. windows update sound doesnt work,
  5. latest windows update and audio jack doesnt work,
  6. sound doesnt work after latest update