Windows 10: Sound doesnt work after PC is woken from sleeping

Discus and support Sound doesnt work after PC is woken from sleeping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, so recently this issue started on my PC, when PC wakes up after falling asleep no sound can be heard. I got headphones connected via USB,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IReallyHateYou, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Sound doesnt work after PC is woken from sleeping

Hi,

so recently this issue started on my PC, when PC wakes up after falling asleep no sound can be heard.

I got headphones connected via USB, reproductors via jack and even one my displays can play audio, I can select whichever of them I want from my sound options, neither of them works.

I tried your troubleshooting suprisingly it does nothing only asks about sound boosts even though all of them are disabled, even if I try enable or disable them nothing has changed.

I have updated all of my drivers for every device I could think of. I tried to uninstall them and then install back, nohting helped.

No source of sound works, if I try Spotify app, Youtube in a browser, Windows media player or some sort of games.

I can still see Sound icon, it seems fine no cross or anything over it, still allows me to choose any device I want to use to play my sound, but as mentioned above doesnt change anything.

Only think that workd is restarting my PC which is annoying af, since I would really love to use PC all the time. Really got no idea what to try next. I got latest Windows update recently but yep doesnt change anything.

Thanks for your response!

:)

IReallyHateYou, Jul 2, 2020

2. PC woken up from sleep with no source of wake

Hi,

Since there was nothing wrong with the power options or profiles, a software might have triggered your PC to be woken up. We suggest that you perform a clean boot and see if it'll make a difference. You can check this
    article to learn how to do so.

Disclaimer: Run your computer normally after performing clean boot by following the steps on
    How to reset your computer after clean boot troubleshooting at the middle part of the article.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Delco24 Win User
    PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade

Hi all,

After upgrading to Windows 10, my PC will not go to sleep automatically nor will the displays turn off after the specified time (10 minutes). If I put it to sleep manually from the Start menu, it will go to sleep and usually stays that way until manually woken up. I had no issues with my PC going to sleep in Windows 7.

So far I've tried:
    • Unchecking "Allow this device to wake the computer" on my NIC
    • Disabling password required when the PC wakes up (saw it on another thread so figured I'd try it)
    • Updating all drivers (chipset, graphics, etc)
    • Updating my motherboard's BIOS
    • Disconnecting my keyboard and mouse
    • Checking powercfg /requests (its blank - everything is none)

Anyone run into this yet or have any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks!

Delco24, Jul 2, 2020
  4. PadoukBie Win User

Sound doesnt work after PC is woken from sleeping

no sound and troubleshooting doesnt work

i have logitech g633 headset and its listed no errors but no sound and troubleshooting doesnt work, i've triend many thing but nothing seems to work can anyone help me?

and if i go to sound the bar doesnt show any green bars when i play youtube or music.

PadoukBie, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Sound doesnt work after PC is woken from sleeping

1. Sound doesnt work after PC is woken from sleeping - Similar Threads - Sound doesnt woken

2. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  3. Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disappeared after laptop woken up from sleep: I have Asus Rog strix g17 for two weeks now and already had to recover windows two time because same issue.I'd put laptop in sleep, come back after while, woke it up and wifi "not available" which after couple minutes disappeared from everywhere completely. Firt time tried...
  4. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep: Hi, I have been having this problem where, if my PC goes to sleep, the WiFi stops working until I restart the PC. This is very annoying and I do not understand why this is happening.PC Specs that I think are important:MoBo: TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS non wifiWiFi Card In the PCIe...
  5. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep: Hi, I have been having this problem where, if my PC goes to sleep, the WiFi stops working until I restart the PC. This is very annoying and I do not understand why this is happening.PC Specs that I think are important:MoBo: TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS non wifiWiFi Card In the PCIe...
  6. WiFi Card Stops Working when PC is Woken up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BlueTooth Dongle doesnt work after PC wakes from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BlueTooth Dongle doesnt work after PC wakes from Sleep Mode.: I have a bluetooth dongle. Everytime my Desktop Computer, NOT a LAPTOP. but my Desktop computer Goes to sleep and wakes up. My bluetooth dongle is no longer working. I have to Either turn off the computer or un-plug the bluetooth dongle and plug it back in. Sometimes more...
  8. No alarm sound after PC is woken up from sleep by it, until I log in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No alarm sound after PC is woken up from sleep by it, until I log in: Pretty much the exact issue I'm having, but the workaround proposed isn't available in my specific app. After updating from 1511 to 1903, I found out that the alarm clock I've been using wakes up the PC as it did before, but doesn't make any sound until I sign in with my...
  9. Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Re-Loads Everything After Being Woken Up From Sleep.: When I wake my computer up from sleep the apps will be there but other than that it behaves like a normal startup after shutdown. After awhile it will only respond t the power button. Once it wakes up it re loads everything. Another thing it does is it will go through the...
  10. Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop sometimes restarts when woken up from sleep.: Hey everyone, I've had my Asus laptop (Windows 10, 7th gen i5, GTX 1060, 8GB ram and 256GB m.2 drive) for nearly 3 months now and I have a issue where I can put it to sleep but when woken up the screen stays black (not even backlight) and about 15 seconds later the laptop...