Windows 10: Sound doesn’t work after recent update

Discus and support Sound doesn’t work after recent update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have no idea if this is the right place to ask this but after the recent windows 10 update my speakers no longer work. I went into my sound devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xhdivnzusicn, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Sound doesn’t work after recent update

I have no idea if this is the right place to ask this but after the recent windows 10 update my speakers no longer work. I went into my sound devices and the device that I use says that the driver is unavailable. I’m not sure what that means or what I have to do fix the issue.

submitted by /u/xhdivnzusicn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xhdivnzusicn, Jul 13, 2020
  2. GIL
    gil Win User

Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update

Hi all,

Symptom:
    Since last windows update, windows doesn't play the windows sounds: Startup, UAC sound, exclamation, warning, notifications, etc.

Note: Other sounds, like games, videos, calls are working well.

I use SoundBlaster Z series sound card. Their recent driver update release notes lists that the driver is fixing this issue.

Actions taken:
    Removed the driver completely
    rebooted
    Reinstalled the driver

Results:
    After initial boot and subsequent restarts, the windows sounds play well.
    After a computer shutdown and startup - the above symptom is introduced again, i.e., windows sounds don't play anymore.

I've repeated the steps above and ended up with the same problem.

Can anyone please assist?

Win10 Pro
    Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.657

Thanks.

3. mike1127 Win User
    sound devices not working after recent Windows Update

I have a Windows 10 computer (an Intel NUC) with built-in sound (Realtek) and an external USB-driver D/A convertor (essentially a USB sound card).

Some time after an update (although I'm not sure these incidents are related), my sound control panel now shows "no output devices found." So both the Realtek and my D/A convertor have disappeared.

(Note: the D/A convertor uses an Audio Class 2 driver provided by XMOS.)

The latest XMOS driver doesn't fix the problems with the D/A convertor. I haven't tried changing the Realtek Driver. I found a blog post that suggested a recent update pushed the wrong version of an Intel SST driver.

I have version 9.21.0.4260 of the SST driver, which according to the blog post is NOT the problematic version.

Troubleshooting my audio results in the message "plug in a sound device" which I presume means plug something into the headphone jack on the NUC. I tried this, and no change, neither sound device was present.

Any suggestions at this point?

mike1127, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Sound doesn’t work after recent update

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Sound doesn’t work after recent update

1. Sound doesn’t work after recent update - Similar Threads - Sound doesn’t recent

2. Sign in doesn’t work. After new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in doesn’t work. After new update: Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-doesnt-work-after-new-update/354cbcd6-a0f5-45b4-8e58-4962fcb7c62a
  3. Sign in doesn’t work. After new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in doesn’t work. After new update: Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-doesnt-work-after-new-update/354cbcd6-a0f5-45b4-8e58-4962fcb7c62a
  4. Microphone is not working after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not working after recent update: I am running Windows 10 version 1909 64-bit on an ASUS TP501UA. I believe my audio driver used to be Realtek or possibly Synaptics. After a recent update, my computer downloaded a driver from Conexant which seems to have taken over for my audio. This problem started at the...
  5. Microphone not working after recently updating

Microphone not working after recently updating: Updated laptop today, and up until now everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone now won't work. I've double checked the drivers for both my headphones and the microphone on the laptop itself which i have been using with no issues until today and...
  6. Sound suddenly doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound suddenly doesn’t work: Hello guys , After a while the sound on my laptop (Dell Latitude 6440 ) doesn’t work at all ,even though the icon of it is still there showing like the sound works perfectly . I’ve tried to : *uninstall/reinstall the driver ; *troubleshooting ; *play with the audio settings (...
  7. Sound broke after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound broke after most recent update: I saw the lil update thing in the bottom right corner. I updated my pc, and everything was normal, except the audio had a red x instead of being muted or on. Clicking it opened the troubleshooter, which was worthless. I tried updating my drivers, it says they are up to date....
  8. sound devices not working after recent Windows Update

sound devices not working after recent Windows Update: I have a Windows 10 computer (an Intel NUC) with built-in sound (Realtek) and an external USB-driver D/A convertor (essentially a USB sound card). Some time after an update (although I'm not sure these incidents are related), my sound control panel now shows "no output...
  9. sound devices not working after recent Windows Update

sound devices not working after recent Windows Update: I have a Windows 10 computer (an Intel NUC) with built-in sound (Realtek) and an external USB-driver D/A convertor (essentially a USB sound card). Some time after an update (although I'm not sure these incidents are related), my sound control panel now shows "no output...
  10. Weird sound glitch after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird sound glitch after recent update: So after the recent windows 10 update when i play a game any sound that is behind me gets very quiet. I know for a fact that its because of the update because when i reverted the update/did a system restore it was back to normal and when the update was installed after i shut...