Windows 10: Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

Discus and support Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am currently having sound issues basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 1christos, Nov 21, 2018.

1. 1christos Win User

Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

I am currently having sound issues
    basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do
    my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks fine, my computer volume is up, and my speaker volume is up *Sad

:)

1christos, Nov 21, 2018

2. No sound - windows audio and audio end point builder not running/installed

I have the same issue, and applied your suggestion to check he running services.

Windows Audio runs well.

But Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is not existing in the list of services.

How Windows Audio EndPoint Builder service can be installed?

Thank you !

FrançoisVillon, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Audio Services are not running / responding.

Charlie,

The Audio services not responding problem is very likely due to an outdated, corrupted or incompatible audio driver on your Windows. I'd like to ask, what do you mean by "to
    boot in safe mode and or clean boot / wipe the system and that wouldn't be possible in my current situation"? Are you connected via domain server? Are you getting any error messages when you try to boot into safe mode and perform a clean boot?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow these steps:

Step # 1: Restart your audio services.

1. Press Windows key + R and then type services.msc and click OK.
    2. Find and right-click on "Windows Audio", then click Restart.
    3. Right-click on Windows Audio one more time, this time click Properties.
    4. Set the Startup type to Automatic. Click Apply > OK.
    5. Do the same thing to "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder".
    Note: If the Restart option grayed out, your Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service is not running, click Start instead.

Step # 2: Uninstall the audio driver in the Device Manager. Open Device Manager> Sound, video and game controllers> Right click the driver> Properties> Driver tab> Uninstall Device> Restart
    your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Note: If the same issue persists after reinstalling the driver, please contact the audio card manufacturer's website and find and download the correct drivers for your device. Then install it on your computer manually.

You may also refer to Fix sound problems article
    for more information.

Raymond Ave, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

Audio Service is Not Running

The audio symbol has a red X, accompanied by NO audio.

I Restart, Install, Reinstall, Disable, Enable All Audio Drivers:

Same problem.

I run the Sound Problem troubleshooter:

"One or More audio service is not Running - Not Fixed X"

I Open Services.msc and check to see what is the problem:

Windows Audio cant start because

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is off, and its set to automatic.

When I try to Start Windows Audio Endpoint Builder:

"Error 87: The Parameter is Incorrect!"

What should my next steps be to fix this problem?

roguehamster2073, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

1. Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running - Similar Threads - Sound doesnt audio

2. Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Service not running: After several trouble free years with my laptop I am now getting this message. I have tried all the recommended solutions on this and other forums but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 10 and yes, my drivers are up to date. Could this possibly be a hardware problem?...
  3. Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service not running: After several trouble free years with my laptop I am now getting this message. I have tried all the recommended solutions on this and other forums but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 10 and yes, my drivers are up to date. Could this possibly be a hardware problem?...
  4. Audio Service is not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Service is not running: My speaker Icon has a red X and says that the audio service is not running. I played some audio and it worked just fine. Ran Trouble shooter and no problem was found. Checked the services and all were running as well. This is occurring after the June 8th update....
  5. audio service not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio service not running: my audio service is not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-service-not-running/d1ab9aaf-cf39-47ef-ab72-d94add37d377
  6. The Audio Service is Not Running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Audio Service is Not Running: [ATTACH] Hello, so my windows 10 is playing any audio with earphones or without them. It keeps saying the audio service is not running. I have tried a couple of tutorials from YouTube, but none of them seem to work for me....
  7. Audio service not running

Audio service not running: Hi, Since the last two days, my Audio service has stopped. My sound card is working fine, and I have tried the following actions, but they have failed: Tried uninstalling, re-installing and rolling back my audio drivers. Tried to update my audio drivers to the latest...
  8. Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running: I am currently having sound issues basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks fine, my computer volume is up, and my speaker volume is up *Sad 122090
  9. Audio Services Not Running

Audio Services Not Running: I had audio service until ~7-10 days ago. I think that a Windows update changed the settings. I have tried EVERYTHING to restore or re-install the audio. I even tried a System Restore without success even though I disabled Defender (which blocks a System Restore). What...
  10. the audio service is not running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the audio service is not running: i have tried everything found online.... as soon as i open any type of audio i get the x. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/the-audio-service-is-not-running/3857d1fc-3c27-43b6-8f71-ebb86e83220b