Windows 10: Sound doesn't work?

Discus and support Sound doesn't work? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so I very recently got my new laptop, it's a Lenovo Thinkpad T450, and so far it's been working fine. It's hard to say when exactly the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlfyB_, Jun 16, 2020.

1. AlfyB_ Win User

Sound doesn't work?

Ok so I very recently got my new laptop, it's a Lenovo Thinkpad T450, and so far it's been working fine. It's hard to say when exactly the problem started or why, but late yesterday the sound just... stopped? No settings were changed, no dodgy links were opened, there is no reason for something to not work, yet there's an issue. We've discovered the sound works with headphones plugged in, but the moment they're unplugged it's gone again. Sound isn't a necessity, I can live without it I only really use the laptop for writing but it is quite annoying. I've gone through all the recommended support I can find and nothing seems to work - I might just be being stupid but it's been just over two days now and I'm starting to get annoyed.

If anyone has any tips, please! I'm very confused right now and could use some help.

:)

AlfyB_, Jun 16, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sound doesn't work? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Bushka Win User
    Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Sound doesn't work?

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Sound doesn't work?

1. Sound doesn't work? - Similar Threads - Sound doesn't

2. Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work: Good afternoon team,on my latop the sound is not working, how can I make it work again?RegardsJosé**** moved from german to english Community ****...
  3. Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work: Good afternoon team,on my latop the sound is not working, how can I make it work again?RegardsJosé**** moved from german to english Community ****...
  4. Soundprobleme beheben in Windows On my latop the sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My headphone detects sound but doesn't play it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphone detects sound but doesn't play it.: Hi!Since this morning my headphones jack 3.5 stopped working on my laptop. It works on my phone so I know it's not from the headphones and I can play sound thanks to other devices. Here is a list of everything I've done to fix it it didn't work:-Unplug plug-Delete the device,...
  6. My headphone detects sound but doesn't play it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphone detects sound but doesn't play it.: Hi!Since this morning my headphones jack 3.5 stopped working on my laptop. It works on my phone so I know it's not from the headphones and I can play sound thanks to other devices. Here is a list of everything I've done to fix it it didn't work:-Unplug plug-Delete the device,...
  7. My headphone detects sound but doesn't play it.

8. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.: Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-are-plugged-in-but-the-sound-doesnt/2a389b87-44a4-48e1-aec4-1196dc19689c
  9. Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.: Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-are-plugged-in-but-the-sound-doesnt/2a389b87-44a4-48e1-aec4-1196dc19689c
  10. Can't change the sound system from default to my headphones because it doesn't show up.

Can't change the sound system from default to my headphones because it doesn't show up.: Can't change my sound system from default, I think they don't recognise any other source like my headphones, but for example other apps does recognise and they work completely fine with my headphones....