Windows 10: Sound Driver headache

Discus and support Sound Driver headache in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Running Windowd 10 version 1803 on my Samsung Series 3 laptop. Believe I’ve got the latest version of Windows 10 (in the UK) through usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shotta287, Dec 28, 2018.

1. shotta287 Win User

Sound Driver headache

Hi all,

Running Windowd 10 version 1803 on my Samsung Series 3 laptop. Believe I’ve got the latest version of Windows 10 (in the UK) through usual Windows Updates.

Anyway, was watching a movie earlier when I realised I couldn’t raise the laptop volume level above 37 through any method possible. I could move the slider but it would just keep going back to 37. I could decrease it though. I later found out this was happening only when I had headphones plugged in.

So I thought I’d uninstall the Realtek HD audio driver, which I did. Then try to install the latest version. I downloaded the latest CAB file (through the Realtek sticky thread) and extracted the files into a folder. But I can’t manually update the driver through Device Manager; keeps coming up with ‘your computer had the latest driver installed’.

What do I do now? Left with no sound at the minute!

:)

shotta287, Dec 28, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 28, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

Sound Driver headache

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Driver headache :p

cadaveca, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Sound Driver headache

1. Sound Driver headache - Similar Threads - Sound Driver headache

2. Realtek Driver not installing properly, giving me headaches.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Driver not installing properly, giving me headaches.: Hello guys! I recently bought a new microphone for my setup like 4 days ago and since then, I am trying to make it working, and it's giving me a lot of headaches. It's a jack device and it's not detecting it, neither my speakers, only my headphones which they are USB. Need to...
  3. A colossal headache

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A colossal headache: So I have built my own pc (all the wires are plugged in correctly) and I ran the windows 10 install, there was some kind of electrical disturbance that made my pc turn off. Now the drive is partitioned in a non MBR way, I cant format it through CMD beacuse I get an I/O error,...
  4. Gremlins caused headache

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gremlins caused headache: I recently had to change all my emails and phone number due to a deep hacker. I now can't access files and information I need still attached to the files. Anyone to contact to be able to download and send me the files on cloud and such devises. I also am interested in any...
  5. Update Failure Headaches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Failure Headaches: I have found that when windows fails to update the first thing to do is stop windows update service and bits service wipe out the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder. restart both services. 99% of the time this fixes the problem. also if you are on versions prior...
  6. Windows repeat headaches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows repeat headaches: Years ago i updated from windows 7 to windows 10 Microsoft emailed me my code. I had to put a new hard drive in my system and now i cant find my key code to activate. It keeps trying to get me to buy a new one and I WILL NOT buy a new one. Someone needs to help me with this...
  7. Major HeadAche

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major HeadAche: So From Last Week I am having a problem. When ever I start pc my win defender shows virus detected I check and find its name Start.R and These are the details CmdLine: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\cmd.exe "cmd.exe" /c start /min cmd /c "(echo @echo off >...
  8. System Restore headache

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore headache: My situation is this....after loads of searching and trying various things, I can now do manual restore points but don't get automatic restore points nor can I configure ....I always get the "Access denied error 0x80070005". I am the Administrator. Microsoft Software Shadow...
  9. HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10: This morning on checking for updates, I was notified that a driver update for my HP printer was available. After getting the update, and checking the update history file I notice that this update ran 6 times, all successfully. Trying to establish if there are any...
  10. What a headache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What a headache: "I'll go and make a coffee whilst I wait for the file to open'' It took 2 years before W7 worked satisfactory. How many years till W10 works properly? Do I have to go thru this all over again. Howabout you develop a product that actually works properly before releasing it? Up...