Windows 10: Sound driver issue

Discus and support Sound driver issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - I am using Sony VAIO laptop - Model number VPCEB42FM. My windows 10 was updated couple of weeks ago. after this update my sound drivers didnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pritesh Reshamwala, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Sound driver issue

Hi - I am using Sony VAIO laptop - Model number VPCEB42FM. My windows 10 was updated couple of weeks ago. after this update my sound drivers didnt update. Pls help to update sound drivers.

:)

Pritesh Reshamwala, Nov 10, 2020

2. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Sound Issues

Hi Junior,

The change on the sound quality of your device after the recent update can be related to an incompatible driver. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you update your driver by following these steps:

• Type Device Manager in the search box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Sound, video and game controllers to view the driver.
    • Right-click the installed sound driver and select Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab.
    • Select Update Driver to update your sound driver.
    • If the driver is updated, you can reinstall the existing driver by repeating steps
      1 to 5.
    • This time, select Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling the driver, restart your device to automatically reinstall the driver.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Sound driver issue

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Sound driver issue

1. Sound driver issue - Similar Threads - Sound driver issue

2. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  3. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  4. Ethernet and sound driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and sound driver issues: From the DxDiag someone told me I have issues with my ethernet adapter and sound driver. Can someone guide me to a solution? Updating drivers via device manager says the drivers are up to date.https://easyupload.io/zmq1ev...
  5. Ethernet and sound driver issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ethernet and sound driver issues: From the DxDiag someone told me I have issues with my ethernet adapter and sound driver. Can someone guide me to a solution? Updating drivers via device manager says the drivers are up to date.https://easyupload.io/zmq1ev...
  6. Ethernet and sound driver issues

7. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  8. Issue with realtek sound drivers

Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  9. Usb sound driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb sound driver issue: Hi, I have a soundblaster Katana and g6 plugged in via usb to a usb hub. Alot of the time when i boot the pc there is no sound except generic windows noises. Every time i have to troubleshoot the device and reinstall the current driver and reboot the pc for sound to come...
  10. Sound Device/Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Device/Driver Issue: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...