Windows 10: Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy

Discus and support Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have enabled 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update', also automatic device installation is disabled. I'm on a metered connection but the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thesereneknight, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy

I have enabled 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update', also automatic device installation is disabled. I'm on a metered connection but the sound driver keeps downloading every time. I also don't have any assistant crap that came with the laptop. I used Driver Store Explorer and removed old versions of Realtek but it keeps coming back.

I wouldn't mind if it provided any benefit over Microsoft driver but Realtek driver takes away everything useful. I cannot use headphone virtualization. I cannot see whether speakers are in use or headphone. Nothing for microphones either. It sounds worse. It has fewer options. I want to use generic drivers from Microsoft. Works and sounds the best.

submitted by /u/thesereneknight
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thesereneknight, Dec 11, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio driver automatically installs despite Local Group Policy restriction

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the system doesn't work as it should.

1. Are you facing any audio or sound issues on the PC?
    2. Have you installed all pending updates on the computer?

To stop the driver installation automatically, you have these options. As you have already used the Group Policy you can use the Control Panel options now.

It is recommended that you allow Windows to download drivers automatically. If you wish, then you can stop Windows from automatically installing Drivers. It is also a good option to disable the driver from Device Manager if that driver is getting installed
    automatically.

Follow these steps:

1. Open Control panel > Advanced System settings > Hardware tab > Device Installation settings.
    2. You will be prompted with the option ‘Do you want to download driver software for your devices?’.
    3. Select ‘No, let me choose what to do’. Click Save changes.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 11, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy

Disabling automatic driver updates for GeForce on Win 10 Home

This is a good solution on Pro, where you have Group Policy Editor, but not sure if it will work on Home like Cucker has.

@cucker tarlson go to Mussels signature. In there he has a link to the WUMT (Windows Update Management Tool). I use it to download updates on my own, and hide ones i dont want. Yes, you can even hide driver updates, only doing them on your schedule.

rtwjunkie, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy

1. Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy - Similar Threads - Sound driver keep

2. Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...: Hi,I'm getting mad at this. Windows Update keeps re-installing a very old version of my Intel Display driver :I can manually update it, but it keeps rolling back anyway a few days later.I have Windows 10 pro which allows me to use the group policy editor. I've tried to setup...
  3. Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...: Hi,I'm getting mad at this. Windows Update keeps re-installing a very old version of my Intel Display driver :I can manually update it, but it keeps rolling back anyway a few days later.I have Windows 10 pro which allows me to use the group policy editor. I've tried to setup...
  4. Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reoccuring problem. Driver updates are turned off in settings and disabled in group policy,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reoccuring problem. Driver updates are turned off in settings and disabled in group policy,...: After clicking on the update to windows 11 in the taskbar, and declining it, settings decided to automatically check for updateds and install all of them without asing me to download or install them.How many times am I going to have to fight with this to unistall them,...
  6. Reoccuring problem. Driver updates are turned off in settings and disabled in group policy,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reoccuring problem. Driver updates are turned off in settings and disabled in group policy,...: After clicking on the update to windows 11 in the taskbar, and declining it, settings decided to automatically check for updateds and install all of them without asing me to download or install them.How many times am I going to have to fight with this to unistall them,...
  7. Reoccuring problem. Driver updates are turned off in settings and disabled in group policy,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Disabling driver updates from windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling driver updates from windows update: How do I stop Windows Update from constantly updating my AMD Graphics, HP and Realtek Devices? Please mention the direct methods built into Windows settings or any other place first before suggesting something like registry edits....
  9. Disable Driver Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Driver Update: Howdy, System Properties > Hardware > Device Installation Settings Here I want to: 1. No, let me choose what to do 2. Never install driver software from Windows Update 3. Disable Automatically get the device app... As shown in the snapshot. I want to do the above...
  10. Disable Auto Updates Group Policy - Managing Video Driver Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Auto Updates Group Policy - Managing Video Driver Updates?: I know Brink and Tairiku (experts I'm sure) have contributed to a solved thread "Turn Off Windows Updates" but here I am with an MBA in Finance and still somewhat confused based on what I'm trying to do. It's all about the Nvidia drivers. I have a working W10 driver...